Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor

What are all the tools,parts and tips needed to replace the fuel rail pressure sensor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Changed it today not a bad job at all just took me a while because I was trying not to break anything and was not sure what to expect. No special tools needed. I think most of this job was just electrical connectors. Was happy to see everything looked like it was in pretty good shape under the valve cover.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

How long did this take?
Old 03-07-2014, 01:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Now that I have done the job once I fill like I could do it a lot quicker next Time but it took me around 8 hrs
Old 03-07-2014, 04:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think it was booked by ford for 1.5hrs.. I don't see how they can do it that quick unless there is some easier way to get to it that I missed..

you've gotta move a lot of crap out of the way to get to the valve covers, including the oil tower and glow plug terminal..

you DO need an odd sized wrench to get in there- I think it was 1 1/8"? Maybe it was a 1 1/16".. I had several just below and several just above that size, but not the one I needed.. you only get one shot to seat the thing as the washer on the sensor is a crush style washer/gasket.

once you DO get to it, it is all of thirty seconds to remove and install a new one.. then reverse procedures.

I can't believe FORD/IH didn't engineer a redundancy on that part.. that is the only means the engine has to monitor actual injection.. if you lose it, you go into a strange unannounced limp mode w/ limited power, and lose some functions such as cruise control.. They could easily have put one on the opposite rail, too, and had a fall back plan.. and why in the hades all those harnesses are under the valve cover is beyond me, too..
Old 03-07-2014, 06:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yea I agree 100% I used a 27mm deep well socket. Yea but I could see it taking only a couple hours if you have done it enough times
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.