Need help with cooling issue! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 07:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help with cooling issue!

I have a 2010 F250 w/ 63k miles.

Last week I noticed the motor side of the lower radiator hose leaking, So I replaced it. I also put on a new radiator cap per reading other opinions on the internet. The fluid that drained out looked pretty good and I noticed the the PO had changed the upper radiator hose (white plastic end). A few days later on the way home I heard the cooling fan kick in during normal driving. I was just thinking that was odd, then the temp gauge started climbing. I cranked the heat on, and got off the road. The heat was just blowing cold air. The lower hose had become disconnected at the bottom. I let it cool, put it back together poured in distilled water and drove the remaining few miles home. I then replaced the radiator side of lower hose thinking that was the problem. I also drained the oil to make sure it just had the 15 qts and no extra fluid.

Well, 278 miles later (5 days later) the cooling fan kicked in and cold air coming off out of the heater (outside temp was in the 40s). Luckily I was in the neighborhood and coasted home. This time the lower radiator hose at the radiator end came off. Except for today, I checked everytime I started the truck and the fluid in the reservoir was either between the fill lines when cold, or above the cold fill line when hot.

So, did I just not get the new radiator hose on tight enough, or is there something else I need to have checked? It's no fun to keep loosing expensive coolant. Before today I had not seen any leaks since the new hose installation nor added any additional water after the first day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know when I did mine it took me a few trys to get the hose to seat all the way onto the fitting. even with a thin coat of lube I had to muscle the hose on to seat it all the way. ive had the same problem with a bmw as well. they are tight... tight like a tiger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.