spent 4k and still the same problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 06:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
spent 4k and still the same problem

Hey guys, i have a 2008 Ford 350 with the 6.4L

I took it to the dealer because when the truck starts cleaning the dpf, I lose power. It bucks and cant go over 45mph. getting code p0088

The Dealer replaced 2 injectors, HPFP, Cleaned the dpf, Change the Fuel Filters, and new oil change, and reflashed the computer

After I picked it up the truck it ran fine, then the Dpf started cleaning itself every 80 miles again and did not cure the problem. Im having white smoke come out from the hood and that leaks into cab when the heat is on. And a total lose of power.

I brought it back in and they told me it was because its cold outside and the dpf isnt cleaning itself. I asked them why did they replace the parts they did if the orginal problem was injectors and HPFP. It was because they found metal shavings in the Fuel filter housing.

Im beginning to think it is my low pressure fuel pump that is bad. Because it runs fine when the truck isnt cleaning. My code now is P0087. No CEL but its stored in there.

This truck is compleatly stock. Its a utility truck weighing in about 13k-14k pounds. Carrying a load like that should have no problem heating up the dpf.

Can anybody give me suggestions? The ford dealer keeps brushing it off when we call them. I have called the Corp center for ford and filed a complaint but they also said i need to deal with this dealer.

Thank you,
Nick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Premium Member

Cold has nothing to do with regen and every 80 miles sounds like the DPF is getting clogged with oil.

I'm most likely wrong but I've been hearing about this problem
Your turbo oil seal is leaking will cause constant regens.

The smoke thing in the cab really bugs me as it sounds like they didn't put everything back together or does this happen only in regen?

Have you thought about deleting the DPF?
You will need a DPF delete pipe and tuner.
IM we can talk about this.

Metal shaving means a shot HPFP but they should of replace everything in the fuel system from Low in pump to high end pump and lines.

I call your CC and ask them about holding payment as they didn't fix your problem but only guessed at what's wrong.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the Reply,
The smoke deal was happening before i took it to the dealer.
IL Safety Lane will not allow me to do a DPF Delete. We have to get the trucks checked every 6 months here.
Even though if i did do the delete, It would solve all my problems, but that's why I brought it into ford to get it legit fixed.

I'm stumped as of now.

Nick
Old 02-13-2014, 06:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

hmm. they didn't do the rail pressure sensor? i agree with gs. it's a tough pill to swallow, but metal flakes calls for a replacement of damn near the entire fuel system. and a thorough flush. it really depends on how much you find though. you're going see slight amounts of shimmer in the secondary bowl when you shine a flashlight. slight. you kind of need to gauge normal from excessive
Old 02-13-2014, 07:48 AM

Should have saved some of that cash and used on a spartan tuner, cai and exhaust.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Premium Member

Never mind
Old 02-13-2014, 08:22 AM

I don't work on 6.4s much but I recently replaced turbos on a 6.4 due to a loss of oil pressure that cooked them. The dpf was also clogged and would not leave limp mode, the dpf was cleaned/baked from a shop with a final flow rate or 98%. The truck would still regen and not leave limp mode, we put a wrench in between the dpf and engine and turned out the new clean dpf installing clogged after start up. Putting a wrench in between the dpf and exhaust pipe allowed enough exhaust to hit the dpf but also to escape and prevent backpeessure and sure enough truck ran perfect, new dpf again and like brand new truck no issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to x148 For This Useful Post:
NorthernDoor (04-02-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.