light blue smoke at idle - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 09:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
light blue smoke at idle

I have a 2008 6.4 Powerstroke with SCT hand held tuner, dpf delete, egr delete and intake installed. Truck has 110k miles. I just bought the truck a few weeks ago and when the previous owner removed the dpf filter he didnt leave the sensor probe connected to the dpf wire harness which caused a high idle. I just replaced the sensor so now the truck idles normally but now the truck blows light blue smoke when I come up to stop lights or put the truck in park. It smokes very little at cold start and starts smoking a lot after it warms up. The smoke builds up the longer i sit at a stop light and when i take off after sitting it throws out a big puff of light blue smoke. The smoke disapears while driving but returns every time i stop or let the engine come to idle speed. This isnt just your typical exhaust smoke hazing after installing a tuner and dpf removal this is much worse. This is my 3rd 6.4 and my other 2 did not do this. Does anyone have any ideas or have heard or had this problem before? Seems like it is maybe loading up fuel? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2014, 06:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Any trouble codes? Running the most up to date tune?
Old 01-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

There are no trouble codes and im not sure about if its up to date or not. Im not very familiar with sct tuners. I have ran spartan and H&S in the past. I have tried every tune available tjat is loaded on the tuner even the stock tune with dpf and egr turned off. Anyone have input?
Old 01-20-2014, 07:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Definitle sounds like injectors to me. The last time I saw that exact scenario is because the guy ran out of fuel (twice) and used starter fluid which damaged all of the injector tips. Replaced all of the injectors and it took care of the problem. Make sure the FICM is good before you start tearing stuff apart.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Check your oil level. If it's high you have a leaking injector or injector fuel line. Also pull the bottom CAC tube to look for oil pouring or dripping out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.