P2563 and P2263 Codes with CEL and Overboosting - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P2563 and P2263 Codes with CEL and Overboosting

Ok. So yesterday morning it was -9 degrees and I had the truck plugged in overnight. Started right up and idled for 10 min or so. Got in it, headed to work with no issues. 23 miles into my 27 mile commute, the truck loses power but doesn't die. I had the cruise set at 70mph when this happened. I feathered the throttle and about every 5th or 6th pedal pump, the engine would respond a little, but wouldn't maintain speed.

I coasted to the end of the exit ramp and stopped. Tried to take off again and the the truck ran fine! It ran fine for the next 2-3 miles and then did it again while I was driving 60mph. Again, stopped at a stop light and it took off fine again and I made it into work (.5 mile further up the road) with no issues. No CEL came on and the Mini Maxx gave me a P0087 code.

Got some diesel 911 and put it in the tank since I had never added any additives to prevent gelling. It ran fine all the way home, so I assumed that the fuel had just gelled up on me.

Got home last night, plugged the truck in and went to bed. Got up this morning and the truck fired up just fine. Let it idle for 15 min or so and got in to go to work. Right away I noticed that the boost was building ALOT higher than normal. I was hitting mid-high 30s at 10 mph with 10% throttle. For the next 8 miles or so, the boost was higher than normal. Once I got on the interstate, it seemed to operate normally. Once I exited the interstate, the boost actually seemed a little too low. It was 0 at idle, and would stay at 0 while I accelerated slightly, but then would build up as normal.

The CEL did come on right before I exited the interstate. Once I got to work, I checked the codes in the Mini Maxx and got P2563 and P2263.

I researched this and kept coming up with frozen EBP tube and faulty/dirty EBP sensor???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yup sounds like your ebp tube is frozen. A lot of people have been having that issue in the cold temps.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Does yours have an EGR delete as well? Just curious because I deleted a friends 2010 last Winter and then this past weekend I installed a CAI and two days later it set the P2563 code. What I found while reading about it is that ones with EGR deletes seem to have the issue more often , especially when it's really cold.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
Does yours have an EGR delete as well? Just curious because I deleted a friends 2010 last Winter and then this past weekend I installed a CAI and two days later it set the P2563 code. What I found while reading about it is that ones with EGR deletes seem to have the issue more often , especially when it's really cold.
Yeah, my EGR is deleted.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowchiro View Post
Yeah, my EGR is deleted.
Thanks. Report back if the EBP sensor and tube fixes it. If so, looks like I'll be doing an EBP sensor and tube.

Last edited by dhanna6powerstroke; 01-08-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wow that is interesting about the delete

I believe you can buy a tube and sensor kit from Ford for almost the same price as a sensor alone. I'll check tomorrow
The Following User Says Thank You to sinner6.0L For This Useful Post:
barlowchiro (01-09-2014)
Old 01-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yup its the egr delete. It doesn't let the hot air circulate past the sensor since its blocked off. That and condensation build up it freezes. There really needs to be a sticky on this. Two years ago there were only a few guys having issues with this now every time I log on there's a new frozen ebp issue. I fixed my issue without relocating ebp. I finally put on a proper winter front instead of grill inserts. Also the gaps in the wheel well that expose air to eBook tube I shoved some rags in there. Kinda ghetto but this is the first year I have not had issues even in -40. Before it was -20 or colder.
The Following User Says Thank You to srjd For This Useful Post:
barlowchiro (01-09-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 04:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well, it warmed up to the teens and 20s, and no issues this morning or yesterday afternoon.

So I am guessing it was just the cold weather giving me my problems!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.