6.4 -30 Below Engine Problems HELP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 11:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation 6.4 -30 Below Engine Problems HELP

truck threw these codes
P006B
P2563
P0087
U3F25

its -30 truck wouldn't start. got it in a warm garage to let it thaw and began to drain the water separator on the frame rail after a hour and a half of sitting. I drained 1/2 gallon of crap out of it and let it run. the check engine light then went out. I drove it for about an hour and the check engine light came on with this code

P2536

I popped the hood to find coolant all over my reservoir. My boost seemed a little higher than normal also. one of those codes are for the EBP sensor witch I replaced 2 days ago! WHAT DO I DO PLEASE HELP!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 01:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Is your egr deleted? If so your ebp tube most likely froze which causes higher then normal boost. The coolant coming out of the degas you may want to look into. 99% of the time that's head gaskets. The p2563 is a turbo performance code which I got every time my ebp froze and p0087 is fuel rail pressure too low. The other two I'm not sure off the top of my head
Old 01-08-2014, 01:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yeah its deleted. as soon as I got it to thaw out those codes went away. the p2536 came on and I saw the coolant after I popped the hood. that is what I thought at first but that reservoir is still pressurized.
The Following User Says Thank You to turbotony For This Useful Post:
JD_MILLS (01-08-2014)
Old 01-08-2014, 01:42 AM

Loosen the bottom bolt off the block off plate coming off the up pipe that will drain the condensation. My degas bottle was still pressurized when my head gaskets went.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

condensation will build up that bad in the uppipe? and im just going off what a ford tech said. I have haven't had that happen yet (knock on would) would to much boost deal with anything with that coolant leak out of the top of that reservoir?
Old 01-08-2014, 02:27 AM

Yeah I was shocked. I've been dealing with frozen up pipe for 2 years. Was going to relocate ebp but the on a recent thread another member said he had water build up. Sure enough got a bunch out.
Too much boost can lift the heads cause the stock head bolts are not strong enough, causing the degas to puke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.4, 6.4 fuel issues, engine codes, water in fuel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.