Truck started and died in driveway - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 04:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck started and died in driveway -FIXED bad TCM

The phone call you never want to hear from your wife.

It was 11 degrees this morning, we had the truck plugged into the wall.

Wife said truck started up just fine, she went into the house, to let it warm up some more, when she got back the truck was off, and would not turn over, wouldn't even crank.

Please help as I 40 miles away from my residence, and need to know what my next course of action is, or at least tell my wife what to do.

thank you in advance.

truck is an 08 with exhaust intake and H&S tuner

Last edited by antilag_200; 12-12-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

How old are your batteries? I would start there first. Mine did the same thing about a year ago. I started it up in the driveway and as i was backing out it just died like you turned the key off. Put 2 new batteries in and all has been good since. By the way my factory security light was flashing in the message center on my dash and all lights and everything else worked when it did this.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks for the information bigred, I will take a look at that. The batteries are the original ones.

Yesterday when I got home, I pulled the code on the truck, it was a U0101,

What I failed to tell the group, is that the old lady washed the truck the night before, I feel that this might have caused a freezing issue on the tcm.

Basically I get no lights on the shifter selector, but it would come on, and then go off.

Additionally the fuel was gelled up, so I heated everything up with my torpedo heaters, and actually goT the truck to start, had it running, and then it stopped again.

I have a used tcm coming today, From a job 1 truck. Hopefully that fixes this pile

Last edited by antilag_200; 12-11-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:50 AM

Change out fuel filters and get a bottle of diesel 911,then put the torpedo heater on it.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The truck is fixed.

I replaced the TCM with another one, and I want to give a BIGGGGGGGGG THANK YOU TO H&S performance, the tech on the line waited almost 30 minutes after they were closed to help me with the calibration since I had not updated my firmware in almost 2 years. NOW that is customer service.

Once I replaced the tcm, and flashed the latest firmware along with the "HOT DAMN" tune, the truck started right up.

I will say this, as an engineer, there is No way that I would put an electronic Control module out in the elements under a truck...I have no idea who at Ford would have signed off on such a concept.

Good luck to others who have this similiar problem.

P.S the wife is happy now, plus she gets another 50 HP under her foot. Thumbs up for H&S performance

Last edited by antilag_200; 12-13-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.