6.4 Motor Question?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 Motor Question??

I have purchased a '08 F350. The person that i purchased it from paid Ford to tear the motor apart to find a engine noise.

They tore the heads off the engine and told them it had a bent connecting rod.
They had an extended warrenty that refused to fix it saying they had injector
issues and that was what caused the problem.

They refused to pay to fix the truck or put it back together. I bought it apart.
So over the long weekend I took the short block out. Got the engine tore apart
tonight.

The engine is VERY clean inside. The stamp date on the bearing is 9/11 meaning the bearing were manufactured the 9th month of 2011.

So this is not the orginal engine to this truck. My question is would Ford have put a short block in this truck or did they only do long blocks??

The crank and rod bearing are all in good shape. So I guess I'll just rering the
engine and do head gaskets and head studs and reinstall???

I have the tuner,S&B CAI,I/C up grade pipe,high flow elbow w EGR cooler delete. What else should I do while the truck is apart???

Not sure on Larger down pipe??

Was going to get the injectors checked out. Diesel Injection said they could check them out and increase the flow 50-75 HP??

Also thought of having the turbos checked out. The V/V turbo was stuck
when i got the truck so I pulled it apart and got it freed up

Any ideal on how could check the turbos out that would be FAIR??

Open to any input

The truck will be used for towing a 35ft 5th wheel camper, 3 car wedge bed trailer and a 32ft enclosed trailer.

I currently have a '00 7.3 dullay that does the job fine now just wanted to
have a new/quieter truck

THANKS in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013, 06:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you have the money while its apart do new pistons. Also with that many miles put all new rockers and push rods. I also would do a 4" down pipe. The stock bottom end is very stout. As far as adding fuel I would not add fuel until you add air (bigger turbos, ported intake manifold). Also in order to do bigger injectors you will need dual fuelers. The HPFP will not keep up with bigger nozzles. As far as checking the turbos maybe try barder turbo service. I have heard good things about them.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What is the issue with the stock pistons?? The piston in it are Mahl brand. Are these stock?

Should the rockers be replaced or can I just replace the plastic(?) bushings

Dual fuelers what is that?? Is that like a airdog (lift?) pump set up

Is barder turbo a vendor on here or do you have a number??

Which part of the intake are they porting??

Is that something I can do or is there a place that does it?? Are we speaking of the
"U" shaped were it mates to the heads??? It has a bunch of crud/carbon like build up in it, i'm having it hot tanked to clean all that crap out of it and the elbow near the T/B

So with the H&S Mini Max (R) version there is no need for the bigger nozzels??

Thanks for the advice
Old 12-04-2013, 06:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sometimes the stock pistons crack. It has to do with the lip on the piston bowl.

I would replace the whole rocker pedestal. It can be had for about $150 a side.

It is a duel k16 fueler setup. It is needed for more fuel. Personally I would just stick with stock fuel.

Rudy's Diesel Twin K16 High Pressure Fuel System

Yes barder turbo service is a vendor here. You can google them to get the number. I don't have it offhand.

They are porting out the restrictions inside the intake manifold. It is cut open, cleaned out and welded back together. A ported intake will flow better than stock and reduce egt's. Unless you know what you are doing I would have someone do it. Mine was done by a member on here (windrunner408). His name is Nate. He is very reasonable as far as price.

No there is no need for bigger nozzles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.