Pushing coolant again - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 10:43 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No heat and puking coolant again.

Ok so back ground first back in February I did a HG job and ARP studs on my truck at the time I also did the egr delete everything is has been awesome besides doing a stage 2 Warren diesel trans in July. So the weather changed and now I don't have heat checked the level added coolant no heat and then It puked some out. So I added coolant again and sometimes I get heat at around 2000 rpm but it runs out, I added coolant again and it puked again. I also noticed that the passenger side of my radiator at the top is not getting coolant because it is cold at the top guessing a big air pocket. Also when the temperature dropped I noticed white smoke during start up that clears up. I'm worried that I may have cracked head or heads on the engine. There is no coolant in the oil but a mild film inside the degas bottle. Any ideas out there.

Last edited by cdiesel; 11-06-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Premium Member

When you replaced the coolant did you use something like this?

UView 550000 Airlift Cooling System Leak Checker and Airlock Purge Tool Kit : Amazon.com : Automotive UView 550000 Airlift Cooling System Leak Checker and Airlock Purge Tool Kit : Amazon.com : Automotive
Old 11-06-2013, 04:30 PM

Yes GSchretter, my temps are all running good with in a few degrees of each other all the time.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Premium Member

Well maybe get a BlackStone report to see if it's in the oil but wondering if your heater core is plugged but to be honest sounds like this:

Blackstone report:
Order Now

Also when the temperature dropped I noticed white smoke during start up that clears up

= "This is actually normal but on a warm day and the truck is warm and this happens, that is not normal"

I also noticed that the passenger side of my radiator at the top is not getting coolant because it is cold at the top guessing a big air pocket

= "Get it up to temp like drive around for 30 minutes. Pop the hood and wait about 10 minutes. The rad should be hot where you are talking about. If not then your rad might be plugged"

So either a plug or you have a leak and to be honest I'm betting heads, hopefully from another failure of the gasket and not the heads.
Sorry.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:26 PM

That's what I meant it is never hot up on the top passenger side of the radiator ever, I can check it after driving around all day and it is not hot but the opposite side is. I thought maybe it was cavitating but that does not explain the puking out of the degas bottle. I can only assume 2 things on the radiator it is plugged at the top of the passenger side or some how now there is a giant air bubble there.

Last edited by cdiesel; 11-06-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.