08 6.4 Smell coolant please help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
08 6.4 Smell coolant please help

I have an 08 350 with an H&S mini max, DPF Delete, intercooler pipe upgrade. Yesterday when pulling into the yard I smelled coolant, checked for leaks can not see anything. There was no coolant in the oil thank goodness. Could this be an issue with the EGR cooler I have not done a delete?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 05:24 AM
Serving Our Country!

Hey country I would say call your local parts store auto zone advanced what have you. And see if any of them have a pressure tester for your truck that way you can pressurize the system might be able to find the leak then. Also check on youtube there are several videos that show you the common leak spots for our trucks. I actually just found a leak near my front cover so Ill be pressure testing mine today as well. I want to make sure it's just a front cover seal not cavitation but any way hope that helps.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:29 AM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Also- many people including myself over filled the coolant tank. I found that I had to keep it filled about 2 inches below the minimum level to keep it from burping coolant. Not sure if yours is burping a little bit or not but that's possible.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guys I will try getting the system pressure tested and see if that helps. I just had the radiator replaced about 4000 miles ago it had cracked one of the plastic corners.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If I kept my degas bottle 2 inches below the cold line is still be driving around with blown head gaskets.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:01 AM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjd View Post
If I kept my degas bottle 2 inches below the cold line is still be driving around with blown head gaskets.
I'm saying its a possibility as that was the case for me. Not saying that's his problem! Why does everybody have to take comments totally the wrong way on forums these days? It's almost as if people are just looking for a comment to lash out on in some way or another

Old 11-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

MTS I'm sorry man I honestly didn't mean for it to come across that way. I was just saying my experience to give him other sceneries. Reading it again I see how it could have come across that way. I apologize. I do agree with you that some people are looking to lash out any chance they get. Anyways have a good day
Old 11-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjd View Post
MTS I'm sorry man I honestly didn't mean for it to come across that way. I was just saying my experience to give him other sceneries. Reading it again I see how it could have come across that way. I apologize. I do agree with you that some people are looking to lash out any chance they get. Anyways have a good day
Thanks for clearing that up man, I think we've been in a few other threads before and there wasn't any animosity then so I was like man, what's his deal lol. I appreciate it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.