6.4 no boost at all and p132b code - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 10:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 no boost at all and p132b code

Hello New here. My pickup has no boost at all and obviously no power at all. It's a 2008 6.4L. It's throwing the p132b code. Stuck turbo? Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2013, 03:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

That code is for the Turbo actuator self test. The PCM is reporting the actuator position does not match up the position commanded. Sounds like the sensor or actuator are bad, loss of power would indicate to me the actuator is not moving the guide vanes.

I have never tried to change the actuator, so I can't help you there.

You can visually check the actuator by looking at the "dog-bone" on the top of the turbos. 1. make sure its still connected, 2. when the ignition key is turned to "run" (not start), the actuator cycles (if working correctly you should see it move forward, then backward), you'll likely want someone to assist as you can't see it from the drivers seat with the hood open.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok it's in a different town than I am in now but if that is the problem would that make my turbo not spool at all because I'm pretty sure I've got a stuck turbo. No boost, no turbo sounds at all and so little power I can barely drive it.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorymode View Post
Ok it's in a different town than I am in now but if that is the problem would that make my turbo not spool at all because I'm pretty sure I've got a stuck turbo. No boost, no turbo sounds at all and so little power I can barely drive it.
it could be the actuator but since the code is determined by Position sensor built in the actuator module I would say it is actually the Linkage (Variable Geometry Turbocharger (VGT) Actuator Linkage.

Visually inspect the linkage to the actuator to make sure it is physically connected. most likely this code comes on because something might mechanically binding in the turbo.

just to rule out everything else after the turbo you should perform a exhaust back pressure test. if you have scanner is even better, perform the Key On Engine Off (KOEO) and Key On Engine Running (KOER) self tests with a scanner to be sure the code sets as a hard fault. if the code doesn't come back you might have a restricted DOC Converter or DP Filter.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Are you talking about a code scanner? I cleared all the codes and drove it around the block a little bit to try to get the code to pop again, but it wouldn't so I loaded it onto a trailer and when I went to unload it the code was there again. I'm out of town now but I'll be back this weekend and I can check everything around the turbo and make sure nothing is disconnected. Thanks
Old 09-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytudrepus View Post
That code is for the Turbo actuator self test. The PCM is reporting the actuator position does not match up the position commanded. Sounds like the sensor or actuator are bad, loss of power would indicate to me the actuator is not moving the guide vanes.

I have never tried to change the actuator, so I can't help you there.

You can visually check the actuator by looking at the "dog-bone" on the top of the turbos. 1. make sure its still connected, 2. when the ignition key is turned to "run" (not start), the actuator cycles (if working correctly you should see it move forward, then backward), you'll likely want someone to assist as you can't see it from the drivers seat with the hood open.

Ok I have checked it and the "dog bone" linkage is connected and when I had someone turn the key in the on position the linkage does not cycle like it is supposed to. But you can hear it clicking like it's trying to
Old 10-15-2013, 06:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

With the engine off you should be able to cycle the linkage by hand back and forth. If you cant move the linkage by hand I would try to undo it and see where it is binding up whether it be at the turbo or the VGT actuator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.4 turbo, 6.4 turbo problems, blown turbo, p132b, stuck turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.