need some opinions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need some opinions

So I bought my 6.4L about 3 months ago. Have slowly been changing out problematic parts. This is my first diesel and am learning as I go.
First off I have noticed on my tuner that my Oil temps are hitting about 220 in stop and go traffic while my coolant temps are only hitting around 205 at the time. should I get a brand new oil cooler or will the BPD half kit work in this scenario?
Also I am statring to notice a small leak in the driver side tank of the rad. It is so far not leaking alot bc it isnt even hitting the concrete as well as minimal loss of level in the degas bottle.
So any opinions as to which problem to tackle first? I know a new rad at some point but what is the absolute must for starters.
The list of upgrades, if it makes any difference, is a flo pro 5" DPF/CAT delete turbo back exhaust, S&B CAI, Mini Maxx tuner, CCV mod, and a dieselsite coolant bypass filtration system (this is how I noticed the leak). Thanks in advance, sorry to be long winded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I too am a new 6.4 owner and have the cooling of the oil issue. I only get a little green wrench lite on the dash when I tow something. I guess my oil temps are climbing cause of a oil cooler clogging problem. Its the Coolant side of the cooler that clogs. Ive tried flushing and t stats but Ill have to change the cooler soon. It didn't help. Take care of the cooling system problems first. If your not towing or getting the green wrench lite, the oil temps should not hurt things too much now.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If your oil temps are getting that much higher than your coolant temps your oil cooler is clogged. I would start to think about replacing it with a 15+ degree delta. You could try the half kit from bpd. I have heard good things about it.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The BPD half kit is in the mail and should be here today. Just having trouble getting the turbo oil feed line out of the oil housing. Is there a special tool or trick for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.