Dpf/cat delete now truck runs horrible - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 04:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dpf/cat delete now truck runs horrible

howdy everyone. so heres the deal...pretty much a stock 6.4 except dpf/cat delete and sct 3015r tuner. truck ran awesome with the tuner and stock exhaust but after the dpf/cat delete the trucks runs like crap on pretty much all tunes but stock and tow. pretty confused.. replaced one sensor and theres no codes anymore after i replaced th sensor. any help appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2013, 09:01 AM

Are you you're deleting the DPF in the tuner? In some tuners it's labeled as Race Exhaust.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yea im selecting that i have race exhaust. the only thing that ive done with the tuner is i had innovative diesel transfer a file to the tuner so i couldnt get put into limp mode from an overboost code anymore. dont know why that would affect anything though.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

it seems lke street and tow actually have some power but performance and race are all messed up. gonna try and format the tuner when i get a chance i guess and make it the way it was when it came out of the box cause thats when it made the truck run awesome.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If Innovative made some changes to the tuner, I'd talk to them and see if they have any insight.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ya i talked to innovative and they said it shouldnt be anything with the tuner. they said check for boost leaks and fuel pressure and what not. the truck seems tempermental now. one day it ran awesome again but now on the race tune again it runs like crap. very slow throttle response and low boost. ultimately low power. should i clean the map sensor maybe?
Old 05-29-2013, 04:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

alright so ive managed to shed some light on the situation. ive figured out its all tuner/pcm related after servicing the truck, cleaning sensors, ect. the truck ran awesome before innovative messed with the tuner because it had the latest ford calibration. ya it overboosted but the tuner ran right and produced alot of power. i found out what innovative did was put my truck back to a pretty old strategy and did a couple other things to fix the overboost problem. actually i still dont see why what is happening is happenning. still kind of confused because it seems like the tuner is still screwed up with the strategy tunes. performance and race have low power and the tow has the most get up and go...? im being told to not use such an old calibration but the newest. but innovative said if i used the newest i would run into overboost problems again. sooo... im gonna try a custom tune based off this older engine strategy that im now running and see how that does.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:12 PM

That's interesting Innovative would say to use an older strategy. The overboost issues were resolved in FSOQ and later strategies.

Taken from SCT website

Issues Resolved in this Tune Revision:
- Adds support for the new FS0Q00 strategy released by Ford
Notes: * 6.4L Over boost Codes: This latest tune revision attempts to resolve the over boost codes being experienced by many of SCT customers. These errors began when Ford released the P30 strategy. These errors were not caused by SCT or our devices, but were caused by the strategy itself. Instead of back dating PCM's to older strategies and putting our customers warranty at risk, we have released a this tune revision to help stop Over Boost error codes.

NOTE: You MUST be running the newest version of the P30 strategy from Ford or you MAY still experience Over Boost codes. These codes cannot be resolved if the vehicle is using the first release of the P30 strategy. SCT recommends having your Ford 6.4L updated to the newest P30 strategy at your Ford dealer. Once the latest P30 strategy is installed in your vehicle by Ford, you can then take advantage of this latest tune revision.

NOTE: This Tune Revision is only designed for SCT Part Number: 9623 or 9625. Installing this tune revision on a non-9623 or non-9625 device will result in an error and may require you to contact SCT Technical Support to restore it to the proper tune revision.

Unsure if your truck has the latest P30 strategy? Go to DTC Data Functions on your SCT device, select Read Strategy and look at the Engine Part Number. If it matches the below part numbers, your truck has the latest P30 strategy.

8U7A-14C204-AGE
8U7A-14C204-AHE
8U7A-14C204-AJE
8U7A-14C204-AK
8U7A-14C204-BK
8U7A-14C204-CJ
8U7A-14C204-FF
8U7A-14C204-HCB
---------------------------------------

You can search by year make and model at the ford website:
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...libration_menu

Everytime I talk to someone with a 6.4 and they have overboost issues, they're usually running old strategies.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ya im getting 2 different sides to the story. sct says update it to fix the overboost and IDP says keep the older strategy otherwise you will get the overoost problem if i update. all th problems started when i was rolled back to the old strategy by idp. Been waiting for a week now for a custom tune to see if that works atleast...
Old 06-01-2013, 06:25 AM

Well if you currently have the later strategy, flash with the preloaded tunes from SCT and do the DPF delete. Rather than use IDP's custom tunes. See how it works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.