MAJOR OH S**T!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 05:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down MAJOR OH S**T!!!

You know when you go to park the truck after a long week and you see that your truck just left spots all over the ground and you reach down to see if its power steering fluid and its not. Then you take a closer look under the truck and you see a nice big puddle of black oil pouring down from the top end. One of three things come to your mind... Either one, you simply forgot to snug up the oil filter cap. two, easy of the two dipstick was not put down(no no), or maybe you forgot to put the oil cap back on tight. WRONG!!!!!

I pop the hood and climb up to see and well, i guess in my double of checks I, my dumbass self forgets to tighten down the oil filter cap(been like this all day and last night too) My jaw went down, heart went to my throat and i almost fell down. it was only two maybe three turns on. Pulled dipstick, NOTHING!!!! im completely upset and about to slam my head into the ground at this point.

I called for help, luckly my mom and dad were not to far from where i was. told them what i needed and 15 mins later help arrived. 2 gals and a 1qt later oil was half between max and min on the dipstick. Double checked and had my dad even check the oil filter cap, oring and filter, everything was fine. Snugged down the cap, had dad check to comfirm. and crossed my fingers, dotted my EYES and said a hal Mary before i turned the key. Truck started fine and didnt knock, hiss, piss, smoke, cough, etc. Strange thing, was i never got a low oil pressure light or nothing. not alarms, nothing.

So, with this all being said, either i got really lucky(which im still a major dumbass for doing what i did) or God really cares about me, cause so far, im thinking the motor, turbos, and whatnots are okay.

Let me have it guys, i deserve something and swift kick in the *** would probably do the trick. Only happens once and that all it would take for me to make if this cost repairs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Everyone makes mistakes. Glad the truck is ok On a side note, I'll bet you NEVER have it happen again
Old 04-12-2013, 06:13 PM

well it started off as awesome afternoon yesterday when i was doing it. figured if i did it when i got home during the week, i would have the weekend to spend with the wife instead(always a good choice in my book to be with the wife ).

Had everything, even did fuel filter service on the truck, which sense ive had it has only had 12k put on it, but had the original filters sense new. yea, bought it at 45K. So, yea, was time for that(little late if you ask me), but has new fuel filters and had new oil and filter, but oil decided to escape on me...

Heck no, ill put a paint mark on it next time and ill make sure i do not get distracted by in-laws talking your head off while your finishing up your work and tightening things up(mother-in-law decideds to talk to me during the forgetting of the oil filter cap).

So, yes, im praying and crossing my fingers and begging nothing is wrong with the motor, nor the Turbo's, my dad said if anything goes first it would be your turbos before the motor(he drove semi for 20yrs) so, need a pray guys.

Letting Bertha sleep tonight and probably going to drive the wifes car tomorrow and ill check on it tomorrow and hope that i can get the truck degrease big times underneath, its nasty. any ideas on a good bath under the truck??? least it wont rust eh..
Old 04-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Serving Our Country!

If you hose it down good with purple power it will get most of that gunk off, with some pressure. Just make sure you dont get water where you dont want it :b
* and try to keep the degreaser off of your paint
Old 04-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Premium Member

Wow, glad you caught it in time!! Got lucky this time!!

Tom
Old 04-12-2013, 06:52 PM

well, i got home and were the truck parks, was a nice oil spot. so, yea, it was like that all day today and plus, was stuck in 30 min traffic jam on top of it. so yea, im so, so hoping i did nothing major to the truck. it did not deserve this nor did it need this.

im so stressing right now, cant sleep at all.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

some body wanted to play a cruel joke on u . then they changed the mind . i did something similar on my dmax wont get into that embarrassing story but all was well but my self confidence lol .
Old 04-12-2013, 07:26 PM

Wait, is oil a big deal with diesels?...
Old 04-12-2013, 07:48 PM

thats what ive read on the forum so yes i think so
Old 04-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordpwrstroke7 View Post
Wait, is oil a big deal with diesels?...
Every drop of it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.