New 6.4 owner worried!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New 6.4 owner worried!!

Picked up a 2008 f250 crew cab 4x4 at the auction and before it gets here I'm having second thoughts. It said it starts but after speaking withe the manager of the auction I'm having my doubts. Please see attached pic of the stains on the bottom of hood. Any help is appreciated.

http://s203.photobucket.com/user/jtg...l?sort=2&o=330

Last edited by Just in time; 03-22-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

your link doesnt work....cant see the pics on my pc.

What "help" are you looking for? What did manager at auction tell you? My advice.....follow your gut feeling. If you are worried....maybe you need to back out of deal and go find a truck you can test drive and buy from dealer with some warranty. If you cant back out....hope for the best! These are great trucks but if they require maintainance....it gets expensive FAST!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

image-1_zpseb8ef454.jpg Photo by jtg134 | Photobucket
Old 03-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The deal is done I can't back out. I bought the truck for 5,000 so it's ok. I just wanted to know what the stain on the bottom of the hood might be from. I posted a new link.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have no idea what the specs are on the truck but for only $5,000, it's not a huge deal if it turns out to be a horrible truck. You could probably part it out, if needed, and recoup most of that money.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
New 6.4 owner worried!!

The stains might be from blowing turbo boots. They look like the same area as the CAC pipe to intake manifold tube area.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryAggie View Post
The stains might be from blowing turbo boots. They look like the same area as the CAC pipe to intake manifold tube area.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Would this be a big problem to have fixed or are there bigger reasons this happens? Thanks everyone for the quick and helpfull replies!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just got off the phone with the dealership that serviced the truck since day one. The truck was a fleet truck, and the last time it was in the dealership (mileage the same exact number as I bought it with) the service manager told me it needed a particulate filter and a exhaust temp sensor, he said the company didn't want to pay for he repairs and just sent it to auction, like they do with their higher mileage trucks. I've been doing some research and this looks like it could be the no run culprit, what do you guys think?
Old 03-23-2013, 09:24 AM

Get a programmer, do a DPF (diesel particulate filter) delete, and the EGT sensor that's bad may be one that gets eliminated with the DPF. If not, swap it with one that gets deleted, although they tend to break upon removal, so you may just need to buy a new one (~$60 I think). Don't run it with the clogged DPF because after a while, you'll fry your turbos like I did. Can probably get it all done for <$1000 Also be a good idea to do the EGR delete. The engine alone is worth what you paid, so you can part it out and still make money.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDETHE View Post
Get a programmer, do a DPF (diesel particulate filter) delete, and the EGT sensor that's bad may be one that gets eliminated with the DPF. If not, swap it with one that gets deleted, although they tend to break upon removal, so you may just need to buy a new one (~$60 I think). Don't run it with the clogged DPF because after a while, you'll fry your turbos like I did. Can probably get it all done for <$1000 Also be a good idea to do the EGR delete. The engine alone is worth what you paid, so you can part it out and still make money.
Thanks ride! So in your opinion the sensor could be the no run issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.