p0266 code, rough idle - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
p0266 code, rough idle

Got my friend's 08 F450 up and running again....after 39k and a year of sitting...yeah lots of fun. The truck only has 80k on it and its on its 2nd short block, 3rd set of turbos and now thanks to a POS ATS converter it now has a full billet transmission. Anyway sorry had to rant a little as this thing has driven me nuts for over a year now. Went down updated Mini Maxx, got trans dialed in everything is going great....Truck pulls like a damn freight train. Full throttle pulls good bye rear tires. Get back home and friend calls me now its throwing a p0266 code along with one other one. It's idling like crap, sounds like its pinging when he takes off from the line, but then once he's rolling all is well. It has a completely new injection system, dual k16's, 8 brand new injectors with 120hp nozzles, ported rails etc....basically take just about everything in the Elite Diesel catalog regarding injection and thats whats on it. I've heard 6.4's have issues with the harness (sounds familiar with the 7.3's and 6.0's...you think they would learn.) hoping that that is all it is. Anyone else have this issue pop up on their 6.4 and what did it take to remedy it. If it wasn't such a nice and insanely fast, for a 450, truck i'd tell him to just get rid of the damn thing as its been nothing but a headache and a money pit. But since he's well over 100k invested in it, I don't think its going away anytime soon. Any insight would help guys and gals. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 07:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

P0266 Cylinder 2 Balance System
With the pinging you describe, I would think that this injector may be stuck open. Just a guess.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have an 08 f-450 With a black maxx tuner afe dpf delete sinister egr delete and air dog pre pump and coolant filter but I had my truck down shift at seventy and it beat the mains out of the bottom end. After I changed the engine I had a code for injector seven come up so after some research most guys change the injector but I was about to make this truck a money pit like my 95 so after some ripping I discovered that the plug going into the valve cover will burn inbetween the pins. So I changed the plug and I haven't had a problem since. The thing that gets me is that there are empty slots on the plug and the pins fairly small for the amount of power that goes through them. If you really wanted to you could move the pins but I feel that would be more work than its worth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.