New injector and still misfiring - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New injector and still misfiring

Hey everyone new to this fourm looking for some help. I have an 08 f350 with spartan chip running 275 tune with egr block off plates(had to valve was sticking) and it recenly started misfiring just sitting on idle showing #2 cylinder coribution/balance and #2 cylinder misfire. I brought it in and had the injector changed and it ran fine for a few hours then started doing the exact same thing #2 again. I fidured changing the tune may help so i set it to stock hp no dpf without thinking this tune doesnt account for the lack if egr but it didnt misfire at all just ran weird. Idk any idea guys thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Premium Member

Run some fuel additive in there and see if it clears up.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yea i always run conditioner because its like -35c in the mornings where i live
Old 02-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Premium Member

That cylinder might have a problem then. Hmmm
Old 02-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ugh.. i really hope not
Old 02-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Premium Member

I have a 2010 and I had the same codes come up. I have the H&S mini max (which I have not been happy with cause ever since I put it in been nothing but problems. Makes me just want to take it out and put it back to stock cause everytime I bring it to get fixed they cant figure it out and use it as an accuse why they cant fix it) and I was towing my mini excavator up a hill when it first started. Milked it home with engine light on scanned it for codes and saw the same thing so I cleared them for some reason. Next morning (30 to 35 degrees out) started up fine and while letting it idle to warm up it stared blowing alot of white/grey smoke and was running broken up once the high idle kicked in. Shut it off, started back up no more smoke or breaking up. Took it out and was pulling a slight grade with an empty trailer and half way up the hill I felt like I had lost 25% to 35% of the trucks power. Brought it to the dealer and they tell me they see the #2 cylinder contribution code but cant fix it under warranty cause the engine light isn't on or figure out exactly what is wrong with the truck because technically it is not setting off the engine light. They tell me its most likely the injector but cant be sure. I have been driving the truck for 2 months like this and I am worried I am making it worse if the injector really is the problem but after reading ur post I am now really confused cause I was going to do injector myself this weekend?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Today a mechanic i work with suggested i take my battery cables off and touch them together to reset the computer so i tried it. Started it up and deffinately sounds worse i let it run for about a minute and it shut itself off once it started misfiring im almost scared if it will start again or not but dont want to try.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

#2 is at the end of the rail, and it sounds like a fuel issue... Maybe air infiltration? Maybe debris in the rail? When they swapped injectors, did they bleed it properly? I'd check all the fittings and banjo bolts, reprime it, and see what happens as a starting point to figuring this out..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.