Fuel Pressure Surging with IDP's newest tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Pressure Surging with IDP's newest tunes

I have an 08 6.4 deleted and tuned, with a ccv reroute and CAI.

Im currently running IDP's newest version of tunes (I believe its 3.02 or 3.03). Ever since ive had these tunes ive noticed a decent amount of fuel pressure surging. It's pretty bad on Xtreme Race, and not nearly as bad as Xtreme street.

I'm not sure why this is happening, at WOT my FP is 170mpa which converts to about 24 thousand. Not sure if its my truck or these new tunes so i figured i would post up and see if anyone else is having issues as well.

My fuel filters have about 1,000 miles on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I talked to Eric at IDP today and switched to Xtreme X and the surging went away for the 30 miles i drove today.

Anyone else had issues like this?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

There are several people having these problems with his new tunes. I am trying to work with him on figuring it out. No luck yet. The extreme x is setup totally different than the other tunes, thats why it doesnt get the fuel mileage the other tunes do
Old 02-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoy View Post
There are several people having these problems with his new tunes. I am trying to work with him on figuring it out. No luck yet. The extreme x is setup totally different than the other tunes, thats why it doesnt get the fuel mileage the other tunes do
Yes the xtreme x runs stock rail pressure until 3/4 throttle, you don't get the fuel milage with that tune due to less part throttle rail pressure. My fuel pressure surges on Xtreme race and xtreme street. I havent tried the other tunes yet but like i said Xtreme X my fuel pressure does not surge so im happy with that for now. The shifting is so smooth but i just dont like how the fuel pressure surges on all of the X tunes. I even took the route and asked him if i could drive down and have the old version of tunes put back on and he told me there is no difference in the new tunes vs the old. Which i dont believe.

I had an electrical issue with my truck so i had it towed to him which he fixed and then put the new version on and ever since then ive been experiencing the pressure surging.

I haven't heard of anyone else having the pressure surge issue although i only get on the .org.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:28 PM

Same here. Mine only does it once my ECT temps are 170*. Ive tried unplugging fuel temp sensor, etc. Ive reflashed my truck by ford, same problems.

I have ran Erics tunes since the 2.XX, then I ran the 2.55, then I ran the 3.01. Never a problem. I had to get the mandatory ford recall flash done, then I started having issues with the crank case level too high light at WOT with the extreme race. So Eric sent me a livewire and flashed my truck to an older strategy, and the FRP surging began and I havent found a cure yet. I do not believe it is mechanical, I believe it is something electrical programming related
Old 02-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Same here. Mine only does it once my ECT temps are 170*. Ive tried unplugging fuel temp sensor, etc. Ive reflashed my truck by ford, same problems.

I have ran Erics tunes since the 2.XX, then I ran the 2.55, then I ran the 3.01. Never a problem. I had to get the mandatory ford recall flash done, then I started having issues with the crank case level too high light at WOT with the extreme race. So Eric sent me a livewire and flashed my truck to an older strategy, and the FRP surging began and I havent found a cure yet. I do not believe it is mechanical, I believe it is something electrical programming related
Yeah i had the old version and my truck ran fine except for the harsh shifting. I needed to get the ford recall flash as well, and eric and SCT both confirmed that was my problem with my electrical issue and my security module locking me out of the truck. I was in touch with eric on this issue and he said there isnt any changes of the old tunes to the new ones, but i dont believe that because my race tunes dont smoke like the used to which is fine i dont really care, but the shifting is different as well, and x race and x street surge, so obviously somethings different. Im in your same boat, i havent found a cure yet either.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:47 PM

Well we are trying to get things figured out. I assume you have a stock lift pump right? No ported rails either right?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Well we are trying to get things figured out. I assume you have a stock lift pump right? No ported rails either right?
Yeah my trucks bone stock except a LW with tunes, deletes, ccv reroute and CAI, nothing else. My buddys brother just got a 6.4 and he got x race and hasnt experienced any surging or problems yet to my knowledge. Does your CEL come on with the new tunes?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:57 PM

No my CEL doesnt come on. Return your truck to stock with the livewire and then reload the extreme x tune
Old 02-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
No my CEL doesnt come on. Return your truck to stock with the livewire and then reload the extreme x tune
Ive got a bad speed sensor so its gonna be on anways plus i get the U0100 code a lot, but i remember hearing guys saying the old versions were making the cel come on so i was just checking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.