High boost??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
High boost???

I updated to the h&s 6.4.47 and the truck ran perfect then we had 1 night of -35 Celsius all day the truck ran good then all of a sudden the boost spiked to 40psi under 1/4%throttle and then had no boost for about 3 minutes then turbo kicked back in and now I'm reading high boost numbers before I would drive 60km/h 4th gear converter locked and I would have about 5-6 psi now I'm getting about 25ish almost 30 so I'm a little worried I hope nothing big f***ed up.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 06:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I responded on your other thread. THe new update does produce higher boost numbers. Check to make sure you dont have a boost leak. It could be a torn or loose intercooler boot.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i am haveing the same issues, i keep getting the p2263 code coming up, i changed my ebp sensor and clean the tube it sits in, mine started acting up around the early part of december now i cant drive 20km without it sky rocketing, i was hitting 40psi boost at 70km/h barely touching the throttle, then the turbos would kick out, then only one would kick on, i dont know anymore ive checked around everything, sprayed soap and water around my turbos while running too see any leaks....its a nightmare ive been down for a while now
Old 01-25-2013, 06:47 AM
Diesel Addict

Send a message via MSN to CanuckF350
Subscribed! Have some similar issues. However mine is not updated yet.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am running the Spartan tunes but noticed the same thing over Christmas. Got down to -20F. Was watching the EBP either climb or drop and stick there with the turbo duty cycle adjusting like it should for given BP. T Let it sit a few minutes after up to operating temp and would work fine for awhile. I figure the EBP sensor had some moisture in it and dosn't stay warm enough without the EGR coolers. Since it warmed up around here it hasn't done it again. I assumed EBP but not sure how the MAP sensor plays into the equation.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:46 PM
Premium Member

I changed the ebp sensor and tube and the map sensor but now im getting a p006b code and from 0% to about 30-40% throttle i have no boost then past that i get full 40psi i cant figure out why
Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Premium Member

I'm trying to confirm if there is an Exhaust Back Pressure valve on the sequential turbos. Apparently these are affected by cold weather and oil pressure. these were on the 7.3's in the 90's and were known for raising exhaust temps and affecting boost
Old 02-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Any luck on finding an answer?? My 350 did this exact same thing last night in -20 weather. Got it home then took it out today and just hit the gas i see the boost climb to 20 psi at about 10 mph. Dont wanna drive it but having no luck fixing it.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i was having the same issues when its really cold out, changed map sensor and ebp, and put carboard in front of my rad for the cold days, seems too be working alright, but let me know what you guys figure out
Old 02-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Premium Member

High boost???

I changed the map sensor, ebp sensor and tube but like I stated above I'm now getting a p006b code. I set my mini maxx to monitor ebp and it doesn't move stays around 7-8psi. I'm not sure if I bought a defective sensor or what? I getting tired of having a very expensive lawn ornament. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it because I'm about to bring it to ford but I'd rather not have to hassle with them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.