Fuel leak, please help!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel leak, please help!!!

I was out and about today and when I walked up to my truck there was a decent sized puddle underneath of the front differential. I crawled underneath and wiped my finger on the bottom of the front diff and smelled diesel. After getting the truck home I followed the lines up and it seemed as though fuel was coming possibly from a fuel line on the front of the motor, drivers side where the egr cooler was previously (relative area) After pulling the drivers side front fender out, pulling the abs coupler off I was able to get a better look, it seemed as though fuel was coming out of the head... Or maybe fuel was dripping so fast from another point that it seemed as though it was. Looking from the top of the motor there was no sign of fuel, or any wet soruce what so ever. I was hoping someone would be able to give me some insite. I did just get studded, and egr removed with wastegate, hoping that this wasn't an issue do to that. Any help I would greatly appreciate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have had my F250 for a month. It has 118,000 mi and on a recent trip to MT, I started leaking diesel. Drained 6 gallons getting to Whitefish (50 miles). Not knowing a thing about diesel engines, I took it to the dealer. The high pressure hose was leaking. It was spewing out after turning off the engine but would eventually drip to a stop until I started it again. $2,000 later, I have a new hose and an oil change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.