Join Date: Dec 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
we replaced the cracked up pipe, the one with 3 ends on the passenger side.
1.took all 4 cab to frame bolts out.
2. used 2 jacks on pass-side, jacked cab up 4.5" and put wood blocks in space for safety.
a. used floor jacks with 6x6 about 18" long, spacers for saftey, since jacks and 6x6 not too stable.
3. remove the BIG down pipe, had to have 4.5" space where the cab meets the frame, where the long cab bolts are. Also took off inner wheel well on pass-side.
4. took off old "Y" up pipe, replaced.
5. Truck back running in 3.5 hours.
6. notes: look like this has been done before on my just purchased truck with 165000 miles.
i found a bolt and gasket on top of the transmission. Also, there is a bracket on the top of the egr pipe that attaches to my new up pipe that is not attached to anything. It is not obvious what it might bolt to.