Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

A Bit of Cavitation

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  RIDETHE 
#1 ·
Digging around, I've seen alot worse, but should I be overly worried about this? Obviously, I'll be more diligent about the coolant from now on, but I'm at wit's end with this truck, and really don't feel like pulling the cover too.

See less See more
#2 ·
it will get worse , once it starts its only a matter of time. you can get a new updated version that is a modified casting to stop this , but you wont hear ford saying anything about it. im going to add the updated one when i pull my can for a big preventative maintenance overhaul,

can i ask why you pulled the water pump? just checking or did you have issues? im gussing mine is like yours, im at 170k on the original one.

#4 ·
wow, So it sounds like a good idea to do the oil cooler at the same time when i do the rest of my preventative maintenance ,

did you fined an updated oil cooler that is better built ? or aftermarket HD built?

#6 ·
no ford did update the cooler from what i have read...they added another cooling fin i believe for coolant to flow through

#7 ·
just like the updated the blue spring for fuel pressure..turbo drain tube and feed as well as stand pipes i believe

#9 ·
I was going to use a more robust version of JB Weld from a company called Belzona, but the crap is about $300/kg and doesn't come in small packages. It's actually meant for repairing stuff like this in large industrial pumps. Instead, I tried Marine Tex. I've heard of guys using it with positive results in old muscle car timing covers. I'll pull it apart in a few months and see how it looks. I have other things to spend $500+ on right now, so $20 to maybe fix something that isn't too urgent is worth a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.