Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Rough Idle at start, then fine.

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Stoker0560 
#1 ·
2008 F550 6.4 56k miles

Not sure when it started, (About aweek ago), (work truck) crank it over, idles a little under 500RPM, count to 5 and it clears up on its own and is fine the rest of the drive, Shut engine off at any temperature or any distance of driving and it will do it again. After the filters were changed I was told it started and ran fine, next start up, it wouldnt fire up right away but did start on its own eventually.

After start if you blip the throttle it clears up right away, truck has maybe 1000K on oil, The filters were JUST replaced but not sure if problem started before or after, Sorry for the lack of info on the problem, Truck is still under warrenty but if its a common or simple issue I would rather do it myself and not have to be without it for a week!

Thanks!

#2 ·
Ok not sure what changed but now you start it and it will chug a few times then die! If you blip the throttle it will clear right up and run fine!!! Any ideas???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.