2008 6.4L limp mode /problems/new tune/ - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry 2008 6.4L limp mode /problems/new tune/

Hey guys I'm a new user here not sure if this post is going to be where it's supposed to. Got a mini max , air intake and straight pipe exhaust done on my 2008 ford f-350 , driving back home one day first the air pressure sensor came on for tires then the traction control light came on the dash , heard weird sound coming from engine I pulled over and the intake rubber seal came off turbo. Put clamps and intake back on tried to start the truck wouldn't start. Had a friend come with OBD computer and reset the codes the truck ran fine for ten minutes and then same thing happened. Truck seems to rpm high before changing gears , scared to go to ford with the chip even though it's warrantied for four years. Any advice ? Traction control light (truck swirving picture) is on and traction control button is set to off in 2wd I can't turn it back on as well as cruise control not working. Any advice would be awesome thank you, and I apologize again if I don't lost this in the right thread. Oh and truck wont start , have to bypass with the brown wire with yellow stripe beside passenger side battery to turn it on, idles fine though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

What are the codes?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 08-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Sounds like your tuner came unplugged or something at some point...either when the truck was running or before you started. Set the truck back to stock, then reinstall your tune...that should fix it.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just waiting for mechanic to get back to me with error codes. We tried setting it to stock 3 times and then downloading the tuner again. Still doesn't work, mechanic said it might be the PCM module. Also called h&s mini max and they were on the phone with me for nearly two hours with their engineers and they couldn't figure it out, they said they rarely have problems with ford trucks and the tuners they provide. I'll post the error codes as soon as I get them and thanx guys for the feed back. Truck is on four year warranty but won't be warranties work if the tuner messed up the truck and also can't run the truck without the chip because of the dpf delete and straight pipe... Poors smoke out like crazy. Not fun so far but will let you guys know any other suggestions will e greatly appreciated
Old 08-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Looks like the PCM module has to be reflashed. Still waiting....... It's brutal.... I feel naked without my 350
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.4l

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.