Truck died, turns over won't start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck died, turns over won't start

Ok 08 f250 s&b intake, no delete ( was gonna do that next week )

Driving today truck died like you turned the key off .... I know that its a fuel problem cause it will start on starting fluid .... Now my fuel pump on the frame is turning ( making noise ) ... Could still be that pump or could it be the hpfp?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

could be in the HPFP, have you changed your filters lately?
Old 08-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok update

yes my filters are new they were changed right before i bought the truck they got about 3000 on them now

ok its throwing very crazy random codes these 4 when you nothing more than just bump the key

fuel rail pressure low
a glow plug
a turbo code
and a egr throttle code

my idea is that ive got a main harness short or rubbed somewhere? i dont think the ECM is bad because i can program and de-program my chip with no problems

now the question is has anyone seen this or had the same problem, i dont really wanna start pulling crap off the top of the motor to try and get too the harness if it may be in a different place ... or is there a common place for the harness to go bad that way i can get closer?

thanks to all the info you guys got ... and as soon as this baby gets fixed its going away and im getting 6.7L ...

just some brainstorming would help guys ... thanks!!
Old 06-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Premium Member

Has anyone got an answer
Old 06-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp30707 View Post
Has anyone got an answer
There are bare wires in the HPFP cover gasket that rub on the pump and eventually a hole wears through the sheath causing the bare wire to touch the block. I am pulling this info from Diesel Power Mag. the Dec 2012 Issue. I Recently bought a 2008 and after reading this artice i looked in my own truck and i could see the wear. i put a heat shrink protective cover over the wires to hopefully stop this from rubbing all the way threw. I will be keeping an eye on it.

In the article I says that when this wire grounds out it will cause a no start situation and you may se the following codes. (P0003, P0004, P0091) all fuel related. and could also see (P042F, P0488, P0670, P0691, and P179A.) This is because the same fues tha blows from the short in the hpfp circuit is used for EGR components, the glow plug contorl module, the electronic fan clutch, and the VGT actuator.

This is a known problem in the 6.4L. I am pulling this info directly from the article in Diesel Power Mag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.