Please give info ASAP... No Start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 01:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Please give info ASAP... No Start

Hey everyone... i have a 2008 F350 Super Duty Crew Cab, it is a work truck, Mainly for hauling cars From Mooresville NC to Amazon Tuning Solutions in Anderson SC. its about 2.5 hr trip. Today i had to come to get medication from VA Hospital in Asheville NC. Went to my brothers to pickup tools ect... i get to his house, turn truck off. load tools up, get in to leave and head back to Mooresville, turn key over and -------- Nothing, No Clicks, no nothing, thought maybe it was Hot so i let it cool for 1-2hr. tried it again ------- Nothing... so i get up under truck and tap on starter / solenoid to see if it is stuck... try again ------ nothing agian, the relay is working, i can feel it magnatizing when key is turned over, im thinking the starter is DONE. im about to go and remove it, this is my first diesel so some pointers would be nice. i know i need to remove ( - ) cable but do i remove Both?? is there anything else it could be? any help would be GREATLY appricheated... sorry for the spelling im in a hurry, NEED to be in Mooresville by 11AM to take another vehicle to have it tuned. Thanks for reading and Thanks in Advance. if new starter is needed about how much is a replacement?

-Rob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 01:34 AM
Serving Our Country!

if there is no click then more than likley the starter is good. Do you have an alarm? could be the issue. If you do then I will walk you through it. If not, then the trigger is not working or the hot wire could be loose. another thing to look at that I have seen do this before is a loose ground in the engine bay or very loose/corroded positive terminal. If starter hot wire is solid, ground is solid, and positive terminals are solid and not corroded, then you need to start looking at the trigger (ignition to starter). If the relay gets power then it is an issue from the relay to the starter. hope this helps. you can call me if you want me to talk you through it also. pm me with your number or just ask for mine.I stay up late lol... good luck
Old 06-28-2012, 02:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

URBAN ASSAULT VAN - THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP, VERY GOOD GUY ON THIS SITE FELLAS... THANKS AGAIN

- ROB
Old 06-28-2012, 02:30 AM
Serving Our Country!

no problem brotha. anytime...
Old 06-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Found out what the issue was... the tuner came unplugged and it threw a code. Erased the code and now its good as new... there is a recall on that wire so ordered a new one. Thanks again
Old 06-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Serving Our Country!

no prob. glad you got it handled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.