Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

High pressure fuel leak? Where?

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Powerage 
#1 ·
So my truck started smelling like diesel fuel when parked. Had a look underneath and seen a leak from the drivers side valve cover. Oil was about 4 quarts over full. No engine codes or missing or anything. Pulled glow plugs on that side to see if i could tell if an injector was leaking. That didnt help. So i pulled the drivers side valve cover to have a look and reaseal it. Everything in there looked alright. Checked all the high pressure fuel lines and one of them turned about an 1/8th of a turn. Buttoned everything back up and changed the oil. Everything is running 100 percent. But i must have a fuel leak somewhere. I was thinking an injector but i'm not getting any contribution codes. My Autoenginuity needs updated to do the power balance test on the 6.4. Maybe someone knows where these things leak from. Hopefully not the high pressure fuel pump. Dont really want to shell out the cash to change it out. Is it possible to change cab on? Had about 2000 miles on the oil on it when it became 4 quarts overfull.

#4 ·
3000 miles on the truck since replacing the sensor. Still at the full line. And no more smell. !!

I think the smell was mostly because there was so much diesel fuel in the crankcase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.