Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2008 F250 6.4L Drain Water Seperator/Wrench flashing

27K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Ron3265 
#1 ·
I need help ASAP, I am traveling towing a 5th and stuck in Alexandria, VA. While driving the Drain Water Seperator came on followed by the wrench flashing back and forth. I drained the Seperator 3 or 4 time and nothing changes. I really did not see any water come out just a little sediment. I am hoping the guys at Firestone and figure it out tomorrow, but they said they are not really heavy into diesels. Also I have about a 60% loss of power and when I try to tow, I only gets up to about 45 or 50... Thanks!!

#2 ·
A lot of times if it keeps returning and your not seeing any water coming out it just the sensor...but since you have loss of power is not good might be something else all together....sorry to hear hopefully someone will more knowledge will chime in soon and help you out. Good luck

#3 ·
when you say only sediment came out and no water do you mean the diesel that came out was clean with no water or no fluid came out at all?? because if its really plugged with sediment you need to stick a pin up there or something till diesel starts coming out and get those fuel filters changed asap that could be your problem. fluid whether it be water or diesel should come out immediately when that valve is opened.... usually just a drop or two of water then the rest is diesel....i drain mine into a water bottle to check

#4 ·
If they can`t fix it or you feel they are about to go on a parts changing spree and hope for the best I can point you to the dealer i use in fairfax it won`t be cheap but they are excellent at what they do.You will pass more than a few dealers on they way but it will be worth it to know that they are fair and not hammer you just cause they can.Anymore info you need just let me know.
Mike

#8 ·
Thanks

well I am hoping it's the filters. It as 56K on it and I bought it used 6 months ago and have no idea if they ever were replaced. I am sure it feels it is starving for fuel since it shifts OK. The dealer back home said the wrench usually means Throttle body, Filters or Transmission. So hoping the guys at Firestone can get it running. If its the filters they seem easy to replace, I saw it on youtube, but I don't have the tools here.. That will be a new purchase for the truck. We will see.

#9 ·
Firestone Tech

The guy at firestone said there is water in the fuel system and I need to replace the filters and it code says it may have damaged the "Water In Fuel" sensor. They could not geetthe parts today, so I am going to look. I know I can probably get the filters, but the sensor I am not so sure. Code is P2269.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.