6.4 Issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 07:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 Issues

My truck went into Reduce Engine Power and i had to limp home. I pulled the codes and the only one that shows up is a p2610 ecm/pcm Internal engine off timer performance code and when i cleared it and in about 15 secs it came back on. The book says to pull #36 fuse in engine compartment for about 30 secs and it should clear. When i pulled it the first time it was blown so i replaced it and the code keeps coming back but the fuse has not blown again however the check engine light comes on now but after clearing the code it does drive down the road but seems sluggish a little. Does anyone know what this code is and how to fix the issue with it. Thanks, Frankie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Clear the codes change the oil, filters and fuel filters, wash it and then drive it straight into a brick wall...... or a dealership to trade it in and resolve your high stress levels from dealing with the BSTRD because of all the bs codes and problems related to the DPF... I have finally decided I HATE my 08 F-250 6.4L (6.4Loser) 65,540 oil leaks, DPF replaced, Rear Pinion seal replaced twice with in 16 months, EGR valve replaced, causing the turbos to shut down, tranny leaks, oh did i mention oil leaks, 6 trips to fix the same oil leak caused by one flippin oil change @ FORD!! go figure...and now today my truck tells me after i let it warm up that "Engine Performance Has Been Reduced" wrench on display, "Drive to Clean Exhaust Filter" I drive 10 miles then it goes into Regen, Floored just to hit 60mph, the Cruise control wont turn on, drive 30 miles to complete the "Regen" and the check engine light stays on... sorry for the RANT!!!

Last edited by trapper-db; 05-09-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i use to have to go to the dealership for sensors and little bs dpf things all the time then i said forget the worranty and listened to some wise people on here and deleted the dpf and i have been to the dealership once in the past 2 years and it was for ball joints I use my truck for work and drive it every day..sorry your having such bad luck but ive owned lots of diesel trucks and this 6.4 is the best I have owned to date.....and its a job 1
Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjd View Post
i use to have to go to the dealership for sensors and little bs dpf things all the time then i said forget the worranty and listened to some wise people on here and deleted the dpf and i have been to the dealership once in the past 2 years and it was for ball joints I use my truck for work and drive it every day..sorry your having such bad luck but ive owned lots of diesel trucks and this 6.4 is the best I have owned to date.....and its a job 1
Hey thanks I have a co-worker bringing in a code reader to read and clear the codes in the am. I sure wish I could afford a DPF delete kit with tuner and dpf back delete. its so darned expensive at this point...
Old 05-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper-db View Post
Clear the codes change the oil, filters and fuel filters, wash it and then drive it straight into a brick wall...... or a dealership to trade it in and resolve your high stress levels from dealing with the BSTRD because of all the bs codes and problems related to the DPF... I have finally decided I HATE my 08 F-250 6.4L (6.4Loser) 65,540 oil leaks, DPF replaced, Rear Pinion seal replaced twice with in 16 months, EGR valve replaced, causing the turbos to shut down, tranny leaks, oh did i mention oil leaks, 6 trips to fix the same oil leak caused by one flippin oil change @ FORD!! go figure...and now today my truck tells me after i let it warm up that "Engine Performance Has Been Reduced" wrench on display, "Drive to Clean Exhaust Filter" I drive 10 miles then it goes into Regen, Floored just to hit 60mph, the Cruise control wont turn on, drive 30 miles to complete the "Regen" and the check engine light stays on... sorry for the RANT!!!
amen brother i got a good one for you how about buying a 08 f250 6.4 with 80,000 miles the price was right truck ran great looked good then the next day you start it and it starts to act all stupid take it in that same day (the day after you buy it) and they tell you motor is toast so your out of a veh for 3 weeks to make a long story short they took a veh off the lot and i got to beat the piss out of it for those 3 weeks

i love the truck when it runs and drives but god it is such a **** storm when it sits at the dealer longer then i get to drive it
Old 05-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjd View Post
So my co-worker brought in the reader and come to find out after searching for it was (P2463) DPF plugged with soot, funny thing it was replaced by the dealership in April of last year....
Old 05-15-2012, 05:40 PM

I knew that would be the issue. Get rid of that giant canister
Old 05-16-2012, 09:24 AM

Too bad. These all seem to be emissions related issues. Except for the oil drip. Mine was doing that too a bit, from the drain plug, but I snugged it a bit more and no more drip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.