Engine light is back - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Engine light is back

Ok just had the a sensor changed in the exhaust. all was fine, than it starts this wierd lack of power, you give it some pedal, and it falls falt on its face, but if you back off and slowly give it pedal it shifts gears and slowly goes. I got it up to 80, but it seems to have a hard time around 2.5 rpms. what now? this has happen before . drain the sep. and little bit of stuff comes out but not like before, and no water. if i let it sit over night its fine. well last time it was. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to see. but my engine light is on this time, If i go to auto zone or somewhere like that can they hook it up and tell me if it throws a code???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 03:36 AM
Serving Our Country!

yes any autoparts like Advanced or Autozone can pull the code.. And should be able to clear it too so it doesnt leave you stranded again but def get it checked out soon after. I had Advanced pull my code when my EGT Sensor died this week, then went 2 miles down the road and it died with the Stop Safely Now message.. hope my doesn't have the same fate as yours! So far it seems like all the power is back...
Old 02-24-2012, 04:09 AM

yup, had that mesasage last week same thing Stop Safely Now bad ect sensor. Ok I had the code pulled P0088 Fuel rail pressure to high. Probable causes: Faulty fuel pump, Blocked fuel return system, Fuel pressure reg. faulty or failed pressure sensor. wtf. is any of this items covered under warrranty? the 100k warranty?
Old 02-24-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardT View Post
yup, had that mesasage last week same thing Stop Safely Now bad ect sensor. Ok I had the code pulled P0088 Fuel rail pressure to high. Probable causes: Faulty fuel pump, Blocked fuel return system, Fuel pressure reg. faulty or failed pressure sensor. wtf. is any of this items covered under warrranty? the 100k warranty?
I would imagine most, if not all, of those items would be covered under warranty. I had a similar situation recently in which it was throwing P0652, a code that could have been several different things. They ended up changing two or three different sensors and it was all warranty. Good luck, hope you find it quickly. Nothing more sickening than rolling along and your truck goes into limp mode. Been there, done that, don't want to do it again.

P.S. I would suggest buying an inexpensive code reader/eraser so you can look for yourself if this keeps up. Most auto parts stores carry them, they're not real expensive, and nine times out of ten they'll get you out of a ditch.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:40 PM

Ok, found out what's wrong, it started acting up again on my way home right by the Dealer, the checked it right away, told me the main Injector pump needs attention, and that its covered under the 100k warranty unless there's contamination n there, I know this is kinda major, but what am I looking at if I have to pay, I'm not but.... And where is this located, just so I know???
Old 03-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The high pressure fuel pump is in the rear of the engine underneath the turbos. It's very difficult to get the pump out with the cab on

What dtcs are in this truck? if it's a P0088 then there's no reason to suspect contaminated fuel. Ford acknowledges there is a known concern with the valves sticking. It's completely unrelated to an internal pump failure which usually puts metal in the entire fuel system.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:41 AM

What is this dtcs you speak of? Its at the Ford place now, and yea he said its a major deal, This truck has been in the shop 3 times in less than 1year, rad. oil cooler, ecr sensor, now injector pump, thats gotta be it What other concerns or these trucks having? I'm just worried they might pull some kinda of poo like you had bad fuel and make me pay for it. seems to me the 2 filters (ford's filtration system) should stop most containments from reaching it. correct?
Old 03-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
It should stop normal condensation but when the fuel system takes a big gulp of water is when the problems start.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:23 AM

When the problem first started, i would drain the Sep. daily, i'd get some water, and some debris, but after awhile i'd get just clean diesel, i even checked the filter on top, and cleaned that bowl to, but it was for the most part clean, If the little bit of debris cause the pump to fail, than man, I realy do need an air dog system asap, because when this first happened i started using shell and Exxon , Texaco places that served a lot of diesel, But i've come to the conclusion they are all pretty much the same for that truck, I haven'ty gotten any calls from the dealer yet so all must be well, I'm sure i'll hear about it if not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.