2008 F250 KR spartanized fuel/not starting issue DTC P0231 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2008 F250 KR spartanized fuel/not starting issue DTC P0231

Have a 08 f250 kr spartan tuned for 48000 mile not one issue. Been running the 310 since release. In December I wanted to swap to 210 for a little towing. Loaded tune and wouldnt even crank over. Cleared dtcs (p0231, d1000) and it would crank but no start.

Got with Mick and updated dashdaq got new tunes put 310 back on and fires right up. Said to hell with it. Drove just fine till today.

Got back from 500 mile trip was low in fuel. Filled up cranked longer than usual then fired up. Made it 10' and died. Would not fire again. Reloaded tune and cranks bout 6 sec or so fires up then dies again. Only way to get it to do this again is reload tune or disconnect battery.

Replaced filters and nothing. Don't hear fuel pump coming on. No fuel coming out of schrader valve either. Seem like just starting in fuel in top filter bowl.

going to check voltages etc tonight, already swapped around relays and fuses, as well as checked inertia switch too

Sounds like the lift pump???? Not one issue before today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 10-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Concord
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger311 View Post
Have a 08 f250 kr spartan tuned for 48000 mile not one issue. Been running the 310 since release. In December I wanted to swap to 210 for a little towing. Loaded tune and wouldnt even crank over. Cleared dtcs (p0231, d1000) and it would crank but no start.

Got with Mick and updated dashdaq got new tunes put 310 back on and fires right up. Said to hell with it. Drove just fine till today.

Got back from 500 mile trip was low in fuel. Filled up cranked longer than usual then fired up. Made it 10' and died. Would not fire again. Reloaded tune and cranks bout 6 sec or so fires up then dies again. Only way to get it to do this again is reload tune or disconnect battery.

Replaced filters and nothing. Don't hear fuel pump coming on. No fuel coming out of schrader valve either. Seem like just starting in fuel in top filter bowl.

going to check voltages etc tonight, already swapped around relays and fuses, as well as checked inertia switch too

Sounds like the lift pump???? Not one issue before today
DId you ever find an issue with this? I am having the same problem occasionally. Happened the other day (3 weeks or so) and then again today...

Let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 10-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Inertia switch dash passenger side panel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 10-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Concord
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger311 View Post
Inertia switch dash passenger side panel
Did you replace the switch? or did you do simply reset it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
They replaced it. Resetting wouldnt work it was shorted out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Powerstroke Techie

 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Fayette/Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 5,152
Thanks: 17
Thanked 66 Times in 60 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
done more than a few low pressure fuel pumps in these trucks. so many that I remember the code without looking it up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-24-2011, 07:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,086
Thanks: 13
Thanked 47 Times in 46 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner6.0L View Post
done more than a few low pressure fuel pumps in these trucks. so many that I remember the code without looking it up
is the low pressure fuel pump the pump that the airdog replaces?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Powerstroke Techie

 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Fayette/Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 5,152
Thanks: 17
Thanked 66 Times in 60 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
yeah, that's the one.

I wasn't aware you could put an airdog on a 6.4, that would be cool though if it's true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-31-2011, 06:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,086
Thanks: 13
Thanked 47 Times in 46 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner6.0L View Post
yeah, that's the one.

I wasn't aware you could put an airdog on a 6.4, that would be cool though if it's true.
I put an airdog II on my 6.4. I did mostly because of the better filtration/water seperation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors