Turbocharge Overboost - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Turbocharge Overboost

Ford recently reprogrammed the ECM on my 2008 F-350. After installing AFE CAI, dpf delete exhaust and an Edge evolution programmer, the engine goes to reduced power mode saying turbocharge overboost. trouble code P0234. Anyone heard of this or a fix?? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Edge is working on a fix for this at this time. I have a few customers that went in and got the re-flash done and now their truck are doing the same thing!
I was told that even some stock trucks are setting the light.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok thanks, Hope they come up with something soon. Its annoying ,anytime I climbing a hill or put my foot into it it shuts down.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:36 PM

Like I answered another thread tonite...the only tuners that are working with new ford flash are spartan and HS.I had the same prob with cheaper tuner. Not to say u can't get plenty of bang for ur buck outta sct or Superchips, its just ur $50k+ rig wont runworth a $hit....every time that u put ur engine under stress for 6+ seconds its gonna happen..sucks pulling a gooseneck 150 miles in limp mode cause people are stillsellingtuners that don't work

Last edited by Coalrolla9740; 05-20-2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: content
Old 05-30-2011, 10:50 PM

I had an Edge CTS for my 2010 Harley, and after the reflash I was throwing the 'over boost' code any time I hit 33 psi or higher for a few seconds. Talk about frustrating when pulling my 33' 5th wheel and going into limp mode! GRRRRrrrr!!!
Anyhow took some advice here and on Tuesday of last week picked up the H&S Mini Max. Wednesday I left on a 3000 km trip to Phoenix to pick up a 37' toy hauler with the hopes that what I read was true about the H&S. I can excitedly say that I had no issues at all pulling the new 18,000 lb trailer up to the top of the canyons time and time again. It was +37 deg C, up steep hills for the first 6 hours heading North to Canada, and my truck ran like a dream! Only few times did it go over 31-33 psi, EGT's stayed around 11-1200.... Was running up hill easily doing 60 - 80 mph with ease....THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!

THANK YOU H&S!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:53 PM

One more thing... I got the same mileage with the 18k trailer that I was getting empty before doing the DPF Delete, intake and tuner. Too bad Ford has these trucks so restricted from factory...
Old 05-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

overboost

Hey there , thanks for the info. So with putting the h&s in there it doesn't let the engine rev up enough to get the over boost condition? Even when you hit 31-33psi for more then a couple of seconds it still did not shut down? The truck was running alot better pre dpf delete, tuner and cai. I gona waIT for another week or so and see how the edge "fix" works . The tech guys there say they should have a fix by then. If that does not work where did you get the tuner from and how much paid? I appreciate your info and advice on this, thanks,
Old 11-14-2014, 12:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Did that fix your problem.? My truck pedal to the floor only makes 3200+- rpm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
charge, f-350, overboost, turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.