should i buy a 08 f350 6.4 from the stealership - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 02:29 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
should i buy a 08 f350 6.4 from the stealership

well i found a 08 f350 6.4 with less than 70k on it...should i buy it or let well enough alone...what should i be on the look out for...heard alot of horror storys about the 6.4s...any help would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Premium Member

I have really liked my 6.4. Guess you have to go with your gut but it was a good investment for me.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Buy it. Wish i could swing an '08.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If I were going to buy one I would have them to look up the VIN# on their computer and show you what has been done to it first. Mine has two pages of repairs that has been done. Just a little FYI
Old 04-05-2011, 06:12 PM

I recently (within a month) just picked up a 2008 F250 XLT SuperCab ShortBed with 21,000 miles for 32k. Personally it's the best truck I have owned, the power is great even for being stock. I knew I would pay more on gas, however for my daily 35 mile one-way drive to work I actually am getting better gas mileage than my 2006 F150 Lariat 5.4 3V 3.73 rear end. That thing I was getting 13.6mpg hand calculated, and the 6.4 is getting me 15.5mpg. Keep in mind I'm in Alaska and drive up and down hills about 1k feet in elevation change on my drive.

Like others have said ask for an Oasis report to see what has been done to the truck, mine was a page and a half of which only one was an issue that the dealer fixed under warranty. The other visits were for normal maintenance.

Myself I have a travel trailer and towing it with my F150 just wasn't comfortable enough for me. I like having "more than enough truck" rather than "it can do it". If everything checks out and your happy with it I would say jump on it. I looked at a lot of 6.0 2005-2006 model years and they were modded all to hell and half of them wouldn't even turn over. This one was completely stock with all of the upgrades for an XLT and have no regrets from coming from the Lariat trim package.

I myself will not purchase a used truck that's modded. Lift Kit, Banks Six Gun, Air intake Kit, aftermarket anything. To me investing that kind of money on a truck that is three years old just to turn and dump it makes me really question the reliability of that truck. The dealer looked up in their computer for me to see what the guy traded my truck in for, and he upgraded to a F350 Dually 6.4, so wanted more payload I'm assuming. Bone stock makes me feel like I'm starting with a clean starting line.

Last edited by Kalabin; 04-05-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

don't touch it!

i have one right now with 71k on it, it has been through injectors 2,4,6, and 8 also rockerarms for cylender number 4. This truck is sitting at the barn right now as we speak. I am a field tech for cat/mustang, i spcialize in diesel engines and this one has me baffeled, i miss the 7.3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.