Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

EGR Warranty and much needed help!

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  rodo 
#1 ·
I purchased a 2008 6.4 diesel F250 and the EGR valve is sticking. Is the EGR valve covered on the exhaust warranty? It has 35000 mi and is out of the 3yr/36000 mile warranty. My local ford dealership wants to charge a $150 diagnostic charge and cant tell me if it will even be covered under the warranty. I have a banks ram air intake and have a banks dual exhaust but it still has the particulate filter. Would this void my warranty? I purchased the truck 2 weeks ago and am really frustrated!!! Any help would be appreciated! Is the EGR something I can replace myself and if so, how hard is it to do? Does anyone know of any links to aid in changing the EGR valve? Thanks in advance for all your help and advice!

#2 ·
it should be part of the 100k eng warranty because without that the eng doesnt work as designed.i would tell them to do it under the eng warranty.but yea you can pick one up from your parts store and do it yourself.dont know how hard it is and i havent seen any threads on changing it.you could always search though.

#5 ·
a valve is covered under powertrain 5yr/100k. the valves can be hard to replace, it sits in an aluminum housing and instead of using o-rings like the 6.0 it's pretty much an interference fit. carbon/oxidation causes the valve to get gaulded in the housing and upon removal will sometimes break off. in that case the entire housing needs to be replaced

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.