At the Dealer again - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
At the Dealer again

So.... The truck is back at the dealer. They finally found out where my second oil leak is coming from. the rear cover, which is located by or on or around the bedplate.. So.. another cab lift is gonna be done. Plus, today it was running real funny. It would idle rough, and drop RPM's when placed in gear, almost to the point of dying. On the drive home today, I wasnt able to get to 60 MPH.. The dealer found a code that shows the injector control pressure too high. He didnt give me numbers or values so i dont know what it read.........

Anyway, Ive about had it to be honest. Im seriously on the fence about listing it for sale, or even trading it in for a different truck. Possibly a gasser, and even a different manufacturer. who knows... Maybe ill think about it when Im not so pissed about the truck being BROKE again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Shoulda kept your 6.0... Sorry you are having so many troubles, Rob. Sounds like my truck. It's been one thing after another, although I have been happily replacing my broke parts with improved aftermarket parts!!! Maybe this time it will get fixed right!
Old 12-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Old 12-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Eye View Post
Shoulda kept your 6.0... Sorry you are having so many troubles, Rob. Sounds like my truck. It's been one thing after another, although I have been happily replacing my broke parts with improved aftermarket parts!!! Maybe this time it will get fixed right!
In all honesty, I regret selling my Blue truck.... I miss it. It was problem free, with exception to the vibration at highway speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
A 6.7 would be awesome, But the dealer wont give me enough on trade. I owe 43K i think and they want to give me 38K. Not good enough for me really.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:42 PM
one day at a time

Dammit Rob...
Old 12-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
Dammit Rob...
tell me about it... to top things off, they rented me a Chevy........ugghh
Old 12-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
tell me about it... to top things off, they rented me a Chevy........ugghh
And the hits just keep on coming... Wow, you must have pissed someone off at the dealership
Old 12-22-2010, 08:19 PM
haters gonna hate 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
So.... The truck is back at the dealer. They finally found out where my second oil leak is coming from. the rear cover, which is located by or on or around the bedplate.. So.. another cab lift is gonna be done. Plus, today it was running real funny. It would idle rough, and drop RPM's when placed in gear, almost to the point of dying. On the drive home today, I wasnt able to get to 60 MPH.. The dealer found a code that shows the injector control pressure too high. He didnt give me numbers or values so i dont know what it read.........

Anyway, Ive about had it to be honest. Im seriously on the fence about listing it for sale, or even trading it in for a different truck. Possibly a gasser, and even a different manufacturer. who knows... Maybe ill think about it when Im not so pissed about the truck being BROKE again.
this sucks man.....

what happened to you 6.0?? what truck is this one??
Old 12-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

I sold my 6.0 earlier this year so I would be able to upgrade. Quite the upgrade huh. Been in the dealer for two oil leaks, Both in different locations, A peeling grill, and now for an injector control pressure issue. All in 9800 miles. I'm considering selling it once its fixed, or even doing a trade in if I was given the right trade in amount. Im ready to wash my hands of this truck.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Powerstroke Techie

if you have a fuel rail pressure too high (p0088) your probably getting a high pressure pump and cover gasket. if you have an ICP too high (p2289) the frp is probably stuck

not sure if the rear cover can be done by just pulling the trans. I'd be tempted to try it that way though. done a couple rear main seals and was suprised how easily all the up-pipes can be accessed with the trans out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.