Surging, buck, & jerk - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Surging, buck, & jerk

Ok I have read and searched as much I can so I figured I would start a post. This summer I have add a good amount of work done on the truck but something is still not right. This is what was done

Studs, Egr delete, 8 new injectors, Air dog II, Innovative stage 1 fuel lines, oil bypass, coolant bypass

So I got the the truck back from all this work it was hard starting and it bucked and jerked REALLY bad until it got completely warm. I took it back to the shop and got all sorts of injector codes. So replaced the FICM. Now it starts and idles butter smooth, even when its cold (25 degrees).

But when I drive it, it takes off just perfect with no hesitation but around 1500 rpm and above it gets this funny hesitation and its like I have a dead pedal. I can ease it up to speed but as soon as it gets into overdrive it has a pretty bad buck and jerk. There is a distinctive miss in the motor, it gets better when it warms up but does not disappear unless its been driven for 30+ minutes.

Any suggestions??? It seems odd to me it starts and idles so smooth, but still has this hesitation, and bucks and jerks in OD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Sounds like ya got some bad injectors to me...
Old 11-11-2010, 01:50 PM

Did you check for a loose injector connector? Reminds me of this song:

Old 11-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

mine is doing the same thing! i have posted about 3 dif times and all dif replies. I hope you get it figured out! my mechanic said its prob icm or oil pump for me? I dont know but im tired of pulling my goose and feeling like im getting rear ended while cruizing
Old 11-11-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyd View Post
mine is doing the same thing! i have posted about 3 dif times and all dif replies. I hope you get it figured out! my mechanic said its prob icm or oil pump for me? I dont know but im tired of pulling my goose and feeling like im getting rear ended while cruizing

Wow regular saturday night ?
Old 11-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
I'm telling you guys, it's either your injectors or injector harness...or possibly your FICM. Don't believe me? You should, take it from the guy who messed with injectors in his truck the better part of this year.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f250ghost View Post
I'm telling you guys, it's either your injectors or injector harness...or possibly your FICM. Don't believe me? You should, take it from the guy who messed with injectors in his truck the better part of this year.
just realized i have a 7.3 and in the wrong area lol do you still think this is could be the same issue with my 7.3? and what steps do i need to take to figure out what of the 3 it is? my mechanic is jerkin me around for 3 weeks now and i gotttttaaaa have my truck, no options lol
Old 11-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Serving Our Country!

I would assume injectors would do the same thing no matter the motor. I don't belive the 7.3s have FICMS...I think you guys have IDMs. Find someone with a MODIS scan tool and have them scan the truck while it's running.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:58 PM

ok il try to do that, you recon any of the parts stores would have one?
Old 11-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Serving Our Country!

It's possible...but I'm not sure. My buddys shop has one...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.