2008 f-350 died with no warning, H&S tuned - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
2008 f-350 died with no warning, H&S tuned

well yesterday my 6.4 died on my. I was pulling a dump trailer down the road when all of a sudden with no warning it just shut off. All temps fine nothing out of the ordinary. The truck still turns over but I get absolutely nothing as far as trying to start. It is H&S tunned so I looked at the DTC codes and there are 8 of them
P179A Unkown DTC
P0670 Glow Plug module control circuit
P0684 Glow plug control module to pcm communication circuit range/performance
P0691 Fan 1 Control circuit low
P0091 Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 control circuit Low
P0003 Fuel volume regulator control circuit low
P0101 Mass or Volume air flow circuit range/performance
P0000 Unknown DTC

Any ideas as to what it could be. I have to go today and put it back to stock before it gets towed to the ford dealership, but I was just wondering if anybody has had a problem like this before. I know I did once in my old 6.0 and it ended up being the HPOP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sounds like a fuel pump issue to me. when you put the DPF on also make sure you drain the water seperator at that time.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:06 AM

Could be the hpop, how many miles do you have on your truck?
Old 10-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder007 Send a message via Skype™ to Sidewinder007
It sounds so familiar to me my 08 did the same thing driving down the Hwy. It was the high pressure fuel pump!! And yes that would be a "cab off" repair... Sorry to hear about your luck. It took the shop about 2 weeks to repair. I was running SCT custom 575 tune when the fuel pump went. That was only the beginning of my break downs. My latest problem is a half stuck EGR valve. Not looking forward to putting exhaust back on for a problem I could have prevented with an EGR block off plate....BUT WAIT it could be something as simple as a pressure sensor located in the exhaust but with no fire to the engine I would have to go with the fuel pump....
Old 10-08-2010, 05:05 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It has 51000 miles on it. Cab off sounds bad. has anybody had any problems with dealers finding tuners on the truck.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder007 Send a message via Skype™ to Sidewinder007
As long as you return the trucks PCM/TCM programs back to the stock configuration it is nearly impossible for FORD to be able to say for sure you had put any tuner on the truck. They "ford" say that they have a computer system that can tell if a truck has had its computer "tampered" with or re-tuned but I personally called them out on that deal when I had one of my turbos go bad. I recieved a call back from FORD reps. and they told me that the only way they could know would be to take the computer out of the truck and send it off to headquarters for someone to analyze the computer very very closely. They said that it was just not economical to attempt to do so on every truck that posed problems.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

It could be the HPFP, but it could also be as simple as the wiring harness for the HPFP. The harness is know to chafe and cause this problem, that is why they have an updated harness for it. The problem is, it is still a cab off job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.