How long does it takes to swap a blown 6.4??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How long does it takes to swap a blown 6.4???

I own a beautiful 08 F-450 with a 6.4, looks good, it's big and scary and usually small car drivers are intimidated when I get too close behind them, most of them just pull over so I can get in front of them which, plays in your favor in a city like New York. I was doing 7.4 miles to a gallon until I installed a K&N air filter,I got it up to an average of 10.2 miles per gallon. I call it my Sunday truck, probably pulled my 14000 Lbs tool trailer no more than 10 times in 3 years. The only problem I got with this "beautiful" truck is enough for thinking twice about buying another Ford. The truck as been smoking thick and "BLUE" for a while, not full time, seems It was more frequent when the humidity level was high outside. I went to 2 different dealers but no codes where stored onto the computer and as most of the time, when you get there, your darn vehicle runs fine.

On May 25, coming back from south Jersey, The Engine Blew Up, 27,000 miles on this truck. It made a loud explosion sound, it filled all 3 lanes on the Jersey Turnpike with a heavy black smoke, the temp went all the way to the max. I called the nearest Ford dealer which was in Woodbridge NJ. I had bought the extended warranty and they wouldn't even come and get my truck. They just suggested that I wait until the engine cools down and drive it to their dealership, which I did. It was about 24 hours before they even checked my truck and, yes, I did wait every minutes of it, good thing there was a Days Inn across the Street. Diagnostic: 3 melted piston and a blown Turbo. It was suppose to take them a week to fix-it as per the service manager. Since May 25th. I have been calling them every Mondays, their answer was always that it would be ready on Friday. I should have asked which Friday cause, my "beautiful" F-450 is still sitting in their chop. I spent over $4000.00 on a rental so far, Ford Customer care assured me that they would pick up the tab but, wouldn't confirm it in writing and want me to wait until the truck is fixed before sending them the bill. I just hope they will respect what they are saying. As for the help from Customer Care, Ford Motor should just close the department, they would save a few Millions a year. Their reasons for the delay is the exact same thing the service manager is telling me every Fridays when I call him to find out if I am going to be driving my "beautiful" F-450 on the week-end. seems like Customer Care just don't seem to put any pressure on the dealership to fix the problem.

The service manager is telling me that Ford Motor sent them a bare block after spending 2 weeks trying to repair the original motor as per the suggested repair procedures of the Manufacturer, Since then, they had to remove the motor 3 times for a lack of compression on piston #5, each times removing and reinstalling the cab.
Isn't cheaper for Ford Motor just to send a new motor?

As I was saying on the last e-mail sent to Ford Motor, I just want my "beautiful" truck back, that's all I want and, having a small steel erection company, I can afford a spare tire but, not a spare truck.

This year, I got to replace a 1 ton pick up truck in the fleet and, to tell you the truth, I am seriously thinking about getting a duramax. I am not saying I will never buy a Ford again but, I will never buy a First year vehicle. Ill give them a couple years to fix the problems first, instead of having to feel like being a manufacturer's guinea pig. I just feel like I am currently paying for someone's design or fabrication's screw-up. It has been only 75 days that my truck is collecting dust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

why do you keep callin it a beautiful truck??? sounds like a craigs list scam the way you talk
Old 08-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

hey 00strker.....how do you like your kumho KL71's?
Old 08-07-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdutydixie View Post
hey 00strker.....how do you like your kumho KL71's?
love em so far i dont have but 500 miles on them ride is A+++ noise is a B a lil more than i wanted but i can handle it with no prob
Old 08-07-2010, 11:06 PM

i love the looks of them also.. wet performance is great also
Old 08-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I call it "beautiful" cause I think It's all it has, The look, I often compare it to a beautiful blonde who has everything in the body and nothing between the ears. I think this truck looks good and that's it. a nice body with a POS motor under the hood.

By the way it is far from being a scam from craig's list, If you think my story is fake, there is only 1 Ford dealer in Woodbridge NJ. Just call them on monday and ask if there is a black F-450 that has been colecting dust in there shop for the past 2 1/2 months.

Last edited by courcywill; 08-07-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00strker View Post
love em so far i dont have but 500 miles on them ride is A+++ noise is a B a lil more than i wanted but i can handle it with no prob
Quote:
i love the looks of them also.. wet performance is great also
thanks man good to know. I'm looking a set for my stock 18's for now.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to AaronATX
dude, you left your truck at a shop for TWO AND A HALF MONTHS without going down there and finding out what was taking so long??
Old 08-08-2010, 01:48 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
why do you keep callin it a beautiful truck??? sounds like a craigs list scam the way you talk
dude, when the 6.4s came out, this story was common.

lot of 6.4s failling under 50k
Old 08-08-2010, 09:18 AM

I would call F O R D HEADQUATERS & demand an explaintion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.