Ford testing the fuel for warranty work? Anyone ran into this? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford testing the fuel for warranty work? Anyone ran into this?

My high pressure fuel pump went out. Dealer says now the step they have to take is send the sample off to ford for them to approve the warranty work. They said if ford rejects the sample due to contamination, then they want to replace the injectors rails and all fuel lines and pumps at the cost out of my pocket of 11grand. Now I take that truck into the dealer for everything the water in fuel light has been on twice in 51k miles. I will be damned if they reject my fuel sample and want me to pay for the repairs. I called the attorneys today and had them already write up a letter of demands. I am getting ready for the worst hoping for the best. I had a friend that had this problem and his auto insurance kicked in and picked up the tab. They said it was vandalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

There was another post on here, a few weeks back with one of our members here going to court and using the opinions of people here as to what caused his issue, etc.. I don't think he has posted the outcome yet. But yes ford is testing fuel for contamination in the 6.4s mostly as they seem to be the most temperamental about fuel issues....
Old 06-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well the good thing the actual owner of my oil field company was with me. He told the service manager and the general manager of the dealership there will be legal action and his company will be paying for all the attorney fees on my behalf to get this resolved thank god I love my company. I dont want to see it go that far I would much rather they just call and say its good and replace hpfp and let me get on with business.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:44 PM

To be honest, with things like this, I would rather risk my warranty and just buy the part from ford and install it myself. There are so many rules, protocols, and such with replacing a part that is trending to be bad....
Old 06-11-2010, 10:37 PM

The problem that Ford corporate doesn't want to admit is that ULSD is notorious for absorbing water, ruining the fuel system.

They just try to get out of paying for as many as they can, as it seems to becoming more common now.

The best thing you can do is buy from a station that consistently fills their tanks and not let it run low. When it runs low in a station's tanks and sits, that's when it begins to absorb water. And I highly recommend a fuel additive because ULSD sucks for lubrication of fuel system components (the CP4 injection pump lubes itself with the fuel) such as DieselKleen or TC-W3 2 stroke oil. DieselKleen or any other additive such as the Motorcraft or Stanadyne is safer to run when you have a warranty as the 2 stroke oil might stain the tank a bit.

Last edited by Zytek_Fan; 06-11-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:41 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
ULSD is crap I want LSD back the diesel not the drug.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm979 View Post
Well the good thing the actual owner of my oil field company was with me. He told the service manager and the general manager of the dealership there will be legal action and his company will be paying for all the attorney fees on my behalf to get this resolved thank god I love my company. I dont want to see it go that far I would much rather they just call and say its good and replace hpfp and let me get on with business.
are you getting diesel from the oil field, or from a station?
Old 06-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have tanks at the office I never hardly use them unless its for my tractor. I always go to a station near the office that moves a lot of fuel. We actually buy the fuel from them in the fields. They have a number of filters on there pumps exterior and I always fill of the tank in the bed of the truck that has two filters on it. The truck will be one year old come july 4th so as you can see 51k miles in under a year my tanks do not stay full for long.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If I had the time I would replace it the pump myself. I don't mind paying for anything when the warranty is up, if it goes out then so be it. I just do not have the time to pull a cab or tear down the top of an engine to replace one pump.. This is why I buy a new truck every two years. The two 6.0's I had the 03 did not give me any trouble. The 07 was a whole other story. I can say this, when the end of next year comes around, I am really not to keen on the 6.7 we will see. I have always been die hard ford, but even my limits on them are getting pushed to the edge. If they would come out with a 7.3 for one year I would probably go down and buy three of them out right and finance a few more. That was by far the best trucks I have ever owned. Sorry guys besides the two dodges 99 5.9 and the 02 5.9 cummins
Old 06-12-2010, 12:55 PM

my local service manager told me they have never seen as many bad fuel/poor fuel quality issues as last winter.
it is imperitive to use a dfa, one which not only improves lubrication & cetane, but also is a demulsifier and also a fuel stabilizer.
there are many trucks that may only be driven once a week, or maybe once or twice a month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.