Died while ideling now it wont start??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Died while ideling now it wont start???

2009 6.4 4x4 no mods 19,000 miles. was sitting ideling and the truck died. No warning was running fine up to that point. It will crank over just wont fire. Did all the "burping fuel pump tricks" cycling key on and off. Green wrench shows up in the message center display and when i try to crank it and let go of the key it will continue to crank for another 10 seconds or so all my itself. Got it towed to the dealer was just wanting a heads up on what it might be. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

How long did you leave it idle? Did you use the high idle modification when it was idling? I'm thinking it wet stacked on you and maybe clogged the dpf
Old 05-23-2010, 01:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jonboywv12
yeah what he said...or could it possibly be some with the fuel? or fuel filter? or maybe clogged injectors....
Old 05-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It was only ideling for maybe 1 minute.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:58 PM

well it wasn't wet stacked. Jon is probably right then. Some type of fuel issue. Hope it's something simple for you. Good luck
Old 05-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

what does the the green wrench symbol mean? manual refers to a transmission problem.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:37 PM

i couldnt tell ya...i dont have that year model so i dont konw what that means but try changing you fuel filter honestly.
and think about it what would a transmission have to do with your truck idealing? i mean thats like back a$$ ward haha
Old 05-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

kinda what i was thinking. It should start just wouldnt move. Wrench symbol makes no sense. Filters were changed at last service, course that does not rule out they didnt pick some debris and plug up. Thanks for the chat, well see what ford has to say tomorrow. Leaving for vacation wednesday, hope it not too serious.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:52 PM

well doesnt mean they didnt pick up debris out of it or anything like that it could have been something where you stopped to get fuel at for example and it took me twice to learn this, there is an old gas station here that is along the beach that has deisel that is always cheep so if i need some fuel really quick you konw why not stop and get some so i would always put like 20-30 bucks in...make a long story short because of it being along the beach and how old the place was they had not changed out there tanks undergound at all so the pump was picking up all the setitment and rust and crap like that and puttin it right into my tank and they would go right to the filter and jam it up...so you may have the sameproblem...but thats how i learned.

oh yea no problem have any thing else just come on back.
im Jon by the way. nice talkin.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well the saga continues. Turns out after the dealership FINALLY pulled codes at 4:30pm, had 20 codes ranging from one end of the truck to the other. Then they come to the conclusion i have no fuel pressure........you guessed it, cab off fuel pump replacement. What a nice design. 2009 F-250 4X4 lariet for sale. Course you cant pick it up till next week. 47 years of FORD power under my butt, but this is the last straw for me. I will be "downgrading" to a dodge. Thanks for letting me vent. ;-/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.