6.4 2008 F350 Power loss - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 03:47 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 2008 F350 Power loss

I have no power when accelerating hard (passing another car) after several highway miles at steady speed. Like there is no fuel. About 5 seconds later it picksup and runs fine. Won't do it again until I run a few more miles at steady speed. Took it to dealership twice, got the old "cannot duplicate".Taking it again today before I get run over. Any ideas what this might be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010, 04:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Turbo lag?
Old 05-17-2010, 04:21 AM

I don't know. It actually misses when it does it.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am having the same problem as are a number of Ford 6.4 owners. I have a 2008 F-350 that I just returned to the Ford Dealer for the 10th time in an attemp to correct this issue. They have replaced all three EGT sensors, the EGR Assembly, and flashed the ECM a number of times. It is very close to turning into a law suit and Duramax.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:59 AM

I hate to say the brand of truck that starts with a "D", but I agree with you. I just left it at the dealership and don't hold much hope that it will be fixed. Driving from Houston to New Mexico saturday morning so we'll see what happens.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well for better or worse I just order a complete H&S Black Maxx system for my truck. It will delete the DPF/DOC and offer fuel efficiency and power gains. I made these changes to my previous truck, a 2001 F250 7.3, and the results were unbeleivable. My only real concern is voiding my warranty, but Ford can't seem to fix it anyway!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:16 AM

Absolutely amazing. Dealer "cannot duplicate" again. But they do recommend getting the injectors flushed. 27000 miles. Guess I'll do it just to eliminate that problem. If that doesn't fix it I'm going to blow a gasket. I had a 2004 6.0. Had trouble every time I pulled my 5th wheel.Never showed a code so there WASN"T anything wrong with it. Ran perfect when not loaded.So I took a hickey and traded it for 2008. Looks like a bad move. But it does pull the
5th wheel alot better than the 6.0.Anybody know what the process is to get Ford to buy it back?
Old 05-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just check with the Ford dealer; not completed, hopefully tomorrow. Been hearing that off and on for 2 years. Ford has a major issue on their hands with the 6.4 emisions design. I for one am done messing with them and need a truck that is dependable. Paid over $50,000 for a dang pick-up, I would think it could at least run. Can't afford to trade it off unless it's on another Ford, and no one in their right mind would ever buy another Ford diesel until they prove they've got their head out of their ***. So I'm counting on H&S Performance to bail me out with a Black Maxx and 4" exhaust and complete delete system. Should be here this week in time for a weekend install.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:37 PM

Is there any guarantee that a DPF Delete kit will solve the problem? With that comes the warranty issues. I'm with you. I want a dependable truck. I don't need more HP.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No guarantee, but every issue I have seen is directly related to the items being eliminated. Warranty is a touchy subject indeed. If this system operates like the last one I had then I'll likely run on the 80HP setting 99% of the time. I'm not really that interested in the HP gain either. It's more about fuel economy, drivability, and dependability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.