First major service - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
First major service

Well, the truck is at the local shop. Its in for a leaking bedplate. the cab, engine and tranny have to come out for the repair. Hopefully ill be able to get in and get pics while it is torn apart. Hopefully ill get it back as clean and good running as it was when it went in. ill update when i can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Well, the truck is at the local shop. Its in for a leaking bedplate. the cab, engine and tranny have to come out for the repair. Hopefully ill be able to get in and get pics while it is torn apart. Hopefully ill get it back as clean and good running as it was when it went in. ill update when i can.
Sorry to hear that. At least it's warranty. I think the bedplate in my 6.0 is starting to leak. Not bad yet but I'll probably be fixing it this Fall or Winter. Hope you get it back soon.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Serving Our Country!

Man it seems as though all I ever read about is how our trucks leake...haha
Old 05-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdwg View Post
Man it seems as though all I ever read about is how our trucks leake...haha
its a ford

sorry to hear rob.

i thought this was taken care of weeks ago?
Old 05-11-2010, 12:52 PM
I don't know nuttin....

leaky bedplates are few and far between from what i hear. That sucks.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:07 PM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

The 6.4's are supposed to be far less prone to leak than the 6.0's.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Well, I got a call from my service advisor tonight, and he told me that the motor is back together, and sealed up and put back together. They will start the engine install tomorrow and have it buttoned up by Monday. Dang, I miss my truck. I'm gonna go in tomorrow and see how it looks. Ill snap a few pics if possible.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

So no pics were possible, they really didn't want me in the shop with the mechanic. Anyway, The service was great, and i had no issues with it until i get half way home and my wife asks me if i smelled burning oil or hot oil. I said no, but when we got home i sure did. So when i get home, i pop the hood and take a look around to find my oil filler cap missing. I looked all over and found it sitting on my radiator. I was livid to say the least. I told the customer satisfaction rep that i was very displeased with what i found and not 5 minutes later i received another call from my service advisor. I explained to him what i had found and he apologized and said he would let the tech know. Looks like i wont be going back there again. Im glad to have the truck back though.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
So no pics were possible, they really didn't want me in the shop with the mechanic. Anyway, The service was great, and i had no issues with it until i get half way home and my wife asks me if i smelled burning oil or hot oil. I said no, but when we got home i sure did. So when i get home, i pop the hood and take a look around to find my oil filler cap missing. I looked all over and found it sitting on my radiator. I was livid to say the least. I told the customer satisfaction rep that i was very displeased with what i found and not 5 minutes later i received another call from my service advisor. I explained to him what i had found and he apologized and said he would let the tech know. Looks like i wont be going back there again. Im glad to have the truck back though.
I had the bedplate seal oil leak ... had the cab off repair done. When I picked up my truck, the stick shift was not connected correctly to the trans and the truck would not shift into gears ... it was stuck in 1st! How the hell could those idiots drive the truck out of the garage like that, and then claim the truck was ready for pickup? Anyway, had them fix that ... then a few weeks later the rear main seal started leaking. It's been leaking for months ... I haven't taken the truck back in since it's running fine. Ford and their dang leaks! Love my truck, though!
Old 05-22-2010, 06:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
You've got to be kidding. You're that upset over the filler cap. I've done that myself a couple of times. When you do that extensive work sometimes you miss something. Haven't you forgot something at your job before. Trust me they don't do it on purpose. The tech probably had a line of vehicles out the door waiting on him plus you who stopped in once already and he knew you wanted him to rush. Try to look at it through his shoes for once. Pitiful...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.