NEED HELP! Blown 6.4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEED HELP! Blown 6.4

Need some input. Have an 08' 6.4L F250 w/58,000k at dealership with two melted pistons. Ford regional engineer (denied my warranty) says it was caused by one thing (many diesal mechanics I have spoken to say he is dead wrong and Ford is just reaching for straws, including the mechanics at the dealer that tore it down) and I need to get some other opinions from other 6.4L owners and/or mechanics. I bought this truck new (10 miles) with the Southern Comfort Pkg. (6"ProComp lift w/ 20" ProComp Extreme 35's, etc) with the assumption Ford would stand behind everything. Sept 07' til present- 12 time in shop (dealer) for total of 135+ days (from lost steering, blown turbo, recalls, now blown motor, etc.) and have fought every time (outside recalls) with dealer saying should not be covered by warranty, but they would fix, til now. Need some help and/or input from yall (tech's) if can relate. Thanks.

Last edited by hookset; 06-18-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2010, 09:13 AM

What are they saying caused it? Surely not the lift kit.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:27 AM

He said that the fuel filter (bottom canister) was not changed per Ford's requested every 20,000 miles. Have proof it was changed at 24,000 (Jiffy Lube) and had it at the dealer at 41,000. Dealer replaced one of the turbo's at the time and wrote on work order that all fluids were changed (with oil change) because it was due. Dealer is saying (along with Ford) bottom filter may not have been changed at time because it is up to the owner to ask for that filter to be changed. I'm in no way good as a mechanic, but I have owned 5 Ford diesels (2000' 7.3 Exc., 99' 7.3 F250, 02', 05' F350 6.0' K.R. dual and now this 08' 6.4 F250) so I am familiar with maintainence (common sense) as I still own yhe 99, 02 and 08 for now (told Ford they could keep it cause I'm done makin $1200 month payments for that piece of crap). Dealer mechanics are/and always called it a "shop" truck because it's just not put together right (1 in 1,000).
Old 04-25-2010, 10:43 AM

Any denied warranties from Ford overturned because they were obvioius BS reasons for malfunctions? Need some input. Tks.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to 1tonpower
was the truck un-tuned its hole life..if so you have nothing to hide. they go at them with everything you can...
Old 04-25-2010, 10:58 AM

100% stock from day one (outside the Southern Comfort Pkg. from Ford). Got a lawyer (really did not want to because hate the thought) but I don't want to lay down on this one . The truck is still at the dealer and I will not take it back since Ford will not work with me on this issue (or complaint I had lst year when it was at dealer for 45 consecutive days over fighting warranty issues (steering) because dealer was not set up to repair steering in house. Tried to make me pay for new steering gears, pittman arms, etc. to shop they had to send it to, AND refused to give me a rental (truck or car) because it was NOT a true warranty issue. Paid $54,000 (papered @ $62,000 and have had nothing but problems. Have NEVER had any of my other Fords (combined own time) come close to this.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:02 AM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
What is the Lemon Law in your state?
Old 04-25-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookset View Post
The truck is still at the dealer and I will not take it back since Ford will not work with me on this issue (or complaint I had lst year when it was at dealer for 45 consecutive days over fighting warranty issues (steering) because dealer was not set up to repair steering in house. Tried to make me pay for new steering gears, pittman arms, etc. to shop they had to send it to, AND refused to give me a rental (truck or car) because it was NOT a true warranty issue. .
Did they blame that on the lift kit?
Old 04-25-2010, 11:35 AM

3 times at dealership to correct issue while under manufacturers warranty or 30-45 consecutive days at dealership for warranty issue. Stayed at the dealership for 45 days the THIRD time they tried to fix a major steering problem (and tried like hell to charge me for the parts and never offered a rental- I asked). As far as the lift, that is not there official reason but any time something has gone wrong (many times), the dealership has said it was probably due to the lift and Ford should have NEVER tried to package the S.C. edition as it was a problem from day one and SC is actually out of business as of last year.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:15 PM

Just bumping it to get any more feedback. Tks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.