Some help please! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Some help please!

I am new to the diesel world . I have had the truck for alittle over a year about 17k miles. I've had the high presure fuel pump repaired twice. i drove about 500 miles today and it ran fine till it went into regen - the cruise kicked off and wouldn't come back on ., The truck ran fine until I got on hill and got on it and it wouldn't get above 60 mph. The turbo psi gauge went to the middle and wouldn't go any higher , It sounded like I should have been going about 120 mph apprx 3500- 3750 rpms.I got home and feltt the big wastegate looking thing on the outer most radiator (I
presume its the intercooler ) I was very cool . Any thoughts ? I hope not another pump the last time they had it 31 days! I read some thought about cking the filters .I do that in the am
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado08 View Post
I am new to the diesel world . I have had the truck for alittle over a year about 17k miles. I've had the high presure fuel pump repaired twice. i drove about 500 miles today and it ran fine till it went into regen - the cruise kicked off and wouldn't come back on ., The truck ran fine until I got on hill and got on it and it wouldn't get above 60 mph. The turbo psi gauge went to the middle and wouldn't go any higher , It sounded like I should have been going about 120 mph apprx 3500- 3750 rpms.I got home and feltt the big wastegate looking thing on the outer most radiator (I
presume its the intercooler ) I was very cool . Any thoughts ? I hope not another pump the last time they had it 31 days! I read some thought about cking the filters .I do that in the am
I don't have a 6.4, so i don't know what to tell you about the regen issue except to get a DPF delete and a custom tune. I will also suggest that if the pump dies again get yourself an Air Dog 2
Old 03-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Arrow

Ckd the water seperator and only it only dripped out (thoufght maybe the fileers are clogged or something) . Started it up ,took a short ride and it ran like a scalded dog, Have no idea maybe the egr stuck or something.

Last edited by silverado08; 03-22-2010 at 05:19 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Powerstroke Techie

check codes. If the egr valve was sticking there will be a code. Plus there should be codes if it is something else.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

It's probably the EGR valve. They don't always throw codes when they go. Did you have any smoke from the exhaust?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Couldn't tell it was dark ! I 'll ck to see if there are any codes today .
Old 03-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Fill with fuel, yaou can't drain the water separator with the tank at 1/4 or less...

HPFP problems could be water in the fuel, yes it could be defective manufacture but that is rare as rocking horse poo... Most likely poor diesel fuel quality/ water in fuel.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:06 AM
Serving Our Country!

I had an imtermittent rough running problem on mine, just last week. This week, they replaced injector #4 when it failed the Power Balance Test. Codes P0266 and 2291. If it weren't under warranty, it would've cost $1097.99.
In areas with poor fuel quality, Ford requires that their diesel fuel additive be used to maintain warranty coverage. But, of course, they won't provide it for free. ;-)
Old 03-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

They replaced the HPFP @ about 10k miles . Got it back and two days later it quit running . Apparently something with the wiring to the pump when the cab was put back. They also replaced #6 injector I think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.