Please help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 03-12-2010, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Please help

Okay, I just had the DPF replaced under warranty. Before I took the truck in it was stalling after a 20 minute ride when I would try to back into a parking space. I figured it was just part of the DPF issue. I got the truck back on wednesday. I only drove it a little while on thursday with no issues. I drove to work this morning and went to back into my space and....bam, it stalled.

I shut off the key and sat while the guys I work with laughed at me. After a couple of times cranking it, the truck started. I went to leave work tonight and when I started the truck I noticed the little wrench icon was lit up. I go to pull out of the parking lot and the truck has no power. The boost gauge wouldn't go past the first little mark. No matter how much throttle I gave it, the truck wouldn't go.

The truck eventually got up to half boost, but there's still no power. Also the truck wouldn't shift if I had my foot down. I would have to let off the throttle for it to shift.

I know you guys know what's up with these things. I'm begging you for help. The truck only has 43,800 miles on it. I haven't put 4,000 miles on it. The truck is due for service at 44,250 miles. But could a fuel filter possibly cause all this?

2008 F350 CC/LB, auto

S&B Intake

The EPA really hit a home run with this one!!! DPF equipped trucks produce 50% less emissions....but they use twice the fuel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like Obama math to me!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 03-12-2010, 05:42 PM
scuffs *****

Send a message via AIM to Tyler
Yes a fuel filter could cause that. If it is still under warranty, take it into Ford and have them pull the codes and fix the issue, (hopefully)

Sr. Engineering Tech/OPS Technician @ Your local cable company.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1997 7.3L PSD
| 4" MBRP Exhaust | S&B CAI | Torque Converter Lock-Up Switch | Exhaust Brake | FPR Shim |DB High Torque Starter | 188,000 Miles | Xtreme Daily Tune |
SOLD

2014 Ford Fusion SE
| 1.6 EcoBoost | 6-Speed Manual | The basics and some goodies |
post #3 of 28 Old 03-12-2010, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Yes a fuel filter could cause that. If it is still under warranty, take it into Ford and have them pull the codes and fix the issue, (hopefully)
Okay, question from a maintenance rookie. Is the only filter on the truck the one under the hood or is there another one on the truck?

2008 F350 CC/LB, auto

S&B Intake

The EPA really hit a home run with this one!!! DPF equipped trucks produce 50% less emissions....but they use twice the fuel
post #4 of 28 Old 03-12-2010, 06:22 PM
scuffs *****

Send a message via AIM to Tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stFORD View Post
Okay, question from a maintenance rookie. Is the only filter on the truck the one under the hood or is there another one on the truck?
No, there is another one, but idk where at. I wanna say its on the drivers side frame rail somewhere.

Sr. Engineering Tech/OPS Technician @ Your local cable company.

1997 7.3L PSD
| 4" MBRP Exhaust | S&B CAI | Torque Converter Lock-Up Switch | Exhaust Brake | FPR Shim |DB High Torque Starter | 188,000 Miles | Xtreme Daily Tune |
SOLD

2014 Ford Fusion SE
| 1.6 EcoBoost | 6-Speed Manual | The basics and some goodies |
post #5 of 28 Old 03-12-2010, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Okay, cool. Can somebody chime in and help me out. Or post up the link for a thread that details that filter change? I need this truck fixed cuz its starting to cost me business. And I'm a little disappointed about whats happening here.

2008 F350 CC/LB, auto

S&B Intake

post #6 of 28 Old 03-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

There are two fuel filters. One near the oil filter in the engine compartment and the water separator, which is driver's side frame rail in the middle of the driver's door. It has a yellow toggle on it, which is used to drain the water. You'll need an extension to remove that filter and you will get a diesel bath. How many miles are on your truck, did you notice any smoke?

F250 SuperDuty FX4 Crew Cab Short bed Silver Metallic Dark Shadow Grey Job 1
Extang Trifecta Bed Cover
Spray in bed liner
High Idle Mod
Second Radiator
Second EGR Valve
100% Stock
Towing a 30' Trail Cruiser Travel Trailer
post #7 of 28 Old 03-13-2010, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinny View Post
There are two fuel filters. One near the oil filter in the engine compartment and the water separator, which is driver's side frame rail in the middle of the driver's door. It has a yellow toggle on it, which is used to drain the water. You'll need an extension to remove that filter and you will get a diesel bath. How many miles are on your truck, did you notice any smoke?
43,800 miles on the odometer. No, there was no smoke. No matter how much throttle I gave it I couldn't see any smoke from idle to the floor.

2008 F350 CC/LB, auto

S&B Intake

post #8 of 28 Old 03-13-2010, 04:22 AM

I'm not a mechanic but maybe EGR valve/cooler. Mine ran like crap, smoked, picked up almost stalled and it turned out to be the EGR valve. Hopefully one of the experienced techs or other members would have a better idea. Hope it helps

F250 SuperDuty FX4 Crew Cab Short bed Silver Metallic Dark Shadow Grey Job 1
Extang Trifecta Bed Cover
Spray in bed liner
High Idle Mod
Second Radiator
Second EGR Valve
100% Stock
Towing a 30' Trail Cruiser Travel Trailer
post #9 of 28 Old 03-13-2010, 10:23 AM

Sorry for the dumb question but, is this the first time you changed your fuel filters??

2010 SUPERDUTY
6.4 CREWCAB

Mods so far!!

Smoked Recon lights
Predator8 wheels
Toyo open country tires
Dpf/Doc delete
H&S tuned
S&B cold air intake
post #10 of 28 Old 03-13-2010, 10:25 AM

sorry, I should of stated that different. Is this the first time the trucks fuel filters have been changed? If so thats deffinatly a good reason why it dosent have power. just my 02 cents

2010 SUPERDUTY
6.4 CREWCAB

Mods so far!!

Smoked Recon lights
Predator8 wheels
Toyo open country tires
Dpf/Doc delete
H&S tuned
S&B cold air intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode