Just dies at idle!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just dies at idle!!

Okay, so I bought this truck a couple weeks ago and so far no problems until tonight. Has been in the barn with only a couple trips to town to get fertilizer. I started it tonight and it was idling really slow...put it in Drive and it died. Started back up and seemed to idle rough and when I pushed on the accelerator nothing happened...then it died. Started back up and it revved, but not even, then it died. No codes at this point. Drove about 3 miles to in-laws and died 2 times on the way there...each time at a stop. Let it sit for 1 hour and drove home with no problems except when I got home it kicked out a code of 2289 for "injector control pressure too high-engine off". What the heck?? I love Fords, but I hate electronics! Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2010, 07:28 PM

icp sensor?
Old 03-05-2010, 08:10 PM

God I miss my cummins!! I could work on that. Alright, what is the ICP Sensor? I'm gonna go drive the hell outta this thing in the morning and see what happens. Hopefully just a fluke. I love dodge but the wife wanted a ford...so here I am. Truck had 34550 on it when we bought it. Now showing 34960. Edge Evolution running stock (was installed when we bought it) and all I have done is to update the software on the programmer. Still under factory warrenty but I worry about the programmer!
Old 03-05-2010, 08:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Black&Gold Send a message via Skype™ to Black&Gold
if it is still under warranty take it to the dealer, but remove the Edge completely from the truck first.

Last edited by Black&Gold; 03-05-2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: removed my stupid ?... ha
Old 03-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume we're working on an 08, hopefully it's posted in the right section.

Factory diesel warranty is 5/100k miles. I would buzz it by the dealer, this could be several different things, unfortunately there is no cut-and-dried answer that can be given over the internet.

If you have the ability to pull codes or monitor data, please let me know and I may be able to walk you through it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.