High Pitch squeeling and now sputtering.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
High Pitch squeeling and now sputtering....

Hey ... New to this forum and just bought my first PSD .... i have owned the truck for a week and having problems already. Seeing if anyone could help me out at all...
Just bought an 08' F250 CC .. FX4 .. 192,000 miles.
When I bought the truck the dealer said that it had a small exhaust leak on flex pipe... No biggie.
But This weekend I washed the truck and after letting the truck sit for a bit I started the truck and instantly a high pitch squeal that can be heard anywhere within a block of the truck. took it to a couple small town truck shops and first place said blown Turbo... didnt like the diagnosis and went to the second.. he said its either a belt or tensioner... fine and dandy .. limped the truck back 125 miles to my house and just before i got there i stepped on it to pass a car... squealing wasnt as bad but now i can smell diesel and the truck is sputtering ... anyone have any ideas? Not too fluent on Diesels just yet and dont want to spend $1500-2K right off the bat .... Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

192k is worth a bump to the top...WOW, on an 08??
Old 01-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Haha yeah ... not sure if ive seen any with that amount of miles... Still looks brand new.... came with a 3 ring binder with all svc records.. every quart of oil .. light bulb... windshield wiper its all in there .... plus the dealership had the oil changes for life so I know it never missed an oil change... love the truck so far but now im having probs... just hope its not in the thousands to fix..
Old 01-03-2010, 08:33 PM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

192,000 miles!! Do you know the trucks history?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yep I sure do .... I talked to guy before me and showed me all the reciepts and work orders ... he owns a bar here in Iowa and also owns a bunch of race horses as well .. Hauled Horses from Iowa to Florida a bunch .. obviously but took immaculate care of this truck.... he upgraded to a F450 dually... Before I bought the truck took it to two different dealers and a body shop just to make sure...
Old 01-03-2010, 08:56 PM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdefdiesel View Post
Yep I sure do .... I talked to guy before me and showed me all the reciepts and work orders ... he owns a bar here in Iowa and also owns a bunch of race horses as well .. Hauled Horses from Iowa to Florida a bunch .. obviously but took immaculate care of this truck.... he upgraded to a F450 dually... Before I bought the truck took it to two different dealers and a body shop just to make sure...
Congratulations on the truck! I am not sure what's wrong with yours, but my truck likes to squeal sometimes badly when I start it in the summer heat. Maybe a pulley or tensioner

Not trying to get off topic, but I am sure many of us would like to know what all has been repaired on your truck in 192,000 miles. Haven't seen many high mileage 6.4's around the forum yet
Old 01-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks ! Whatever the problem is it will be fixed and ill forget all about it as I've wanted the new style truck since I first saw them on the lot! haha If it is just a Pulley or something like that then no biggie.. will keep everyone updated as well...
As for the past repairs... 3 radiators .... 1 Fuel pump ... 1 Intercooler due to road debris.... 1 Right front Hub . . . At work right now ... but when I get home I will double check but pretty sure that is it so far.... Everything else just regular maintenance...
Old 01-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Damn, thats some miles. I'm impressed. And Welcome to the Org. First thought was pulley/tensioner but if its sputtering that would make me nervous. Curious, what a 6.4 with that mileage sold for if i'm not to nosy asking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.