6.0 to a 6.4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 08:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 to a 6.4

well i got the news yesterday that the insurance company is writing off my '06 350 lariat diesel, absolutely loved this truck, but the thieves that stole it and destroyed it kinda changed things a little

so tonight i looked at a '08 f350 lariat crew cab, other than two options less (adjustable pedals and back up sensors) the truck is identical to my '06 except obviously the grill so i plan on putting a down payment on the truck tomorrow to hold the truck until i get my settlement for the old truck

a couple questions:
is there anything i should look for? ask? etc....Ive spent all my time researching the 6.0 motor and my 6.4 knowledge is lacking. I test drove it and i definitely like the ride and turning radius better, it seems to run nice but really didn't seem to have any more power than the 6.0, well maybe a bit more but nothing to write home to mom about. The truck is bone stock with 56000 km's on it (not sure what that is in miles?) I've asked for an oasis report.
The only thing i've read is these truck build up pressure and blow up the radiator? and that they eat fuel injectors? Is this something to worry about or just a odd occurrence? once fixed under warranty does the fix work or just keep eating injectors? I started reading all the posts on here but would take forever and i want to put a down payment on it tomorrow to hold it. any input would be appreciated guys! ty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Have heard of early 08 job 1 trucks possibly having injector issues along with the radiator problems. As far as I know most have been able to have these problems warrantied and no more problems. Over all these trucks are awesome. As for power, my father in law has a 6.0 and pulling the same load his will get the job done...but mine will make you forget it's back there.

How many miles are on the truck? I have a buddy whos truck had the radiator replaced 4 times before Ford musta got the radiator problem fixed.

Last edited by benjamin24; 11-25-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:52 PM
<< Representin with INK

Ya my buddies dad has one for a work truck, lucky guy gets one every year but he honestly liked his 6.4 so much that he kept it another year lol he tows as heavy as legal to too lol and travels like no other with it. He had one problem with the injecotors but has since had nothing but a good ride. He doesnt have any power adders but these trucks take very well to basic mods I would say go for it, you should have no problems if its not a first production run truck! If you dont mod it too much either you should be in for a long happy ride with a pretty nice truck
Old 11-26-2009, 03:05 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to 1tonpower
i was forced to make the switch from an 06 to and 08. after the first week you will forget about the long lost 6.0. looks power comfort its all better
Old 11-26-2009, 07:42 AM

thanks all, truck has 56000 km on it, im guessing thats around 40000 miles??

how do i tell if it is JOB 1? and what does that mean? sorry im a 6.4 noob right now with lots of learning ahead of me!

and yes i got the impression from reading on here that under load is where you notice the power difference over the 6.0, stock unloaded the two motors seemed to be fairly much the same, the 6.4 did have more power but nothing huge.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to 1tonpower
late 07 trucks are job 1. after feb 08 i think are job 2. theres a tread about the dates..do a search itll come up
Old 11-26-2009, 09:27 AM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

jan 07- june 07 is job 1, jun 07 to dec 07 is job 2, jan 08 is the start of job three production I believe. Mine was built Jan 08, and I am told it is a Job 3 so
Old 11-27-2009, 03:09 PM

so it turns out this is a Job 3 truck, the oasis report showed all good except the radiator has been replaced, hmmmm

but i have put a down payment on it and just need to settle with insurance now for the 6.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.