08 Warranty just got a reboot! Thanks Ford - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
08 Warranty just got a reboot! Thanks Ford

I know this seems strange but received a phone call from FMC this week. I had sent an email concerning issues that I keep having on my 08 F350 and it costing me $100.00 every time it went to the shop... Well the lady at FMC said she could not do anything about that b/c it was the same as a contract. She did say she could offer me an extended warranty that would cover all major components up to 200,000 miles or until 2014 which ever came first (ya thats right 200,000 miles) at no charge (yes no charge) no more out pocket deductible. This includes parts and labor, towing, vehicle rental, etc...
I must say I was impressed. They just kept me in the Ford family a lot longer! So if you are having issues with your truck and your running on your extended warranty you may want to send them an email!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 08:00 PM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief10 View Post
I know this seems strange but received a phone call from FMC this week. I had sent an email concerning issues that I keep having on my 08 F350 and it costing me $100.00 every time it went to the shop... Well the lady at FMC said she could not do anything about that b/c it was the same as a contract. She did say she could offer me an extended warranty that would cover all major components up to 200,000 miles or until 2014 which ever came first (ya thats right 200,000 miles) at no charge (yes no charge) no more out pocket deductible. This includes parts and labor, towing, vehicle rental, etc...
I must say I was impressed. They just kept me in the Ford family a lot longer! So if you are having issues with your truck and your running on your extended warranty you may want to send them an email!
Thanks for the info What kind of issues are you having?
Old 11-26-2009, 07:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to speeddemon619
Thats some great customer service, very good to hear that!
Old 11-26-2009, 08:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well my first issue was the tow/haul button and cd player... All that was replaced, well the tow/haul they had to replace the whole shifter. It is now leaking antifreeze on the back side of the radiator just above the frame. I also get a little white smoke on occasion, seems it only does this after about 30 minutes of solid driving. This was also checked but they could not find anything. I explained all this to the lady that called and she actually seemed to listen to my concerns. I am still in shock but satisfied with end result!
Old 11-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

can you email me the address you emailed to about your ford problmes. i am having battery problmes and cruise controle problems bryancab@hotmail.coom
thanks alot
Old 11-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Good deal Chief and welcome to the Org!
Old 11-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

This is why FMC is becoming a profitable company and the other two bozos of the big three are scratching their heads trying to figure out how they're gonna pay back Obama.

Good move on Ford's part. Thanks for posting this up!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks! I truly enjoy the site. Goose350 I must agree with you! FMC will stand behind there products... If you can just get in touch with the right people! My suggestion to the rest is never give up. I was surprised at how nice the lady was... I dropped my 350 off today to get the radiator replaced and the loaner that the dealership gave me was a FORD this time... ya they put me in one with a bowtie the last... dont think I didnt let her know about that too!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Can i get the email to the lady you talked to please
Old 12-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselkane View Post
Thanks for the info What kind of issues are you having?
It started with tow/haul and cd player not working and now my radiator is leaking and I also have some white smoke with a little miss after steady driving then slow down and speed back up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.