Dealer sez that the late 08 and 09 to MY10 6.4 has upgrades/ problems fixed..? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dealer sez that the late 08 and 09 to MY10 6.4 has upgrades/ problems fixed..?

Hello Techies: Is this the way it seems? It comes up on my research as I need an F-450 sized tow vehicle..

According to this Dealer, the mid 07 to 08 trucks had all the problems, and from 09 through the MY10, most of the problems are fixed in the 6.4..

(85-90) 09 trucks here done by him, very few problems compared to 07-08 6.4's. Is this an anomaly, or the way it is? He reports they worked out most of the bugs for the 09.... ?????????????

He sounded like he knew what he was talking about, but it could be the luck of the draw a bit... Here in Australia, we do not have the volumes to make accurate assessment with like you do in America...

For this reason, It looks like I am getting an existing 09 F-450 KR LWB DRW 4x4. And I will wait to see how the 6.7 runs into 2011 before considering the upgrade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
The dealer is correct. However there were very few problems with the 6.4 to begin with. But pretty much everything has been corrected for the 09-10 model year
Old 11-05-2009, 05:14 PM

Thank you Dave...

And others that may Post on this Thread...

OK, I have committed, my new F450 King Ranch F-450 CC LWB FX4 will be here in six weeks...... I AM BACK TO FORD TO STAY. Besides a Ford Man they don't make a 4500 HD sized Silverado anyway... I need more truck so F-450 it is...

Besides Belt and Radiator hoses, filters, what else would you carry out into the Outback?....

Example, on the 7.3, I carried a CPS, the most common "cheap to carry" failure item. On my old 7.3 IDI years ago, it was a TPS and Transmission Shift module... Most common items... What on the 6.4 TT? Anything pop up to mind? Most common failure items??

Due to the remote areas, it is better to just buy and carry an common items. It's not like my F-450 and 31' Gooseneck Horse Float are going to get overloaded...
Old 11-05-2009, 07:07 PM

What do you haul?... I would say you wouldn't need to carry much more than the usual.. If you do the Spartan just make sure you keep the programmer with you
Old 11-05-2009, 07:37 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I want to see some pics of the rig after you get the Aussie conversion done on it.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:53 PM

We build the Bushtracker Caravan, trailer to you Blokes...

You can see us in action in the Outback on Bushtracker Forum :: Index no sales there, just fun...

In my case I haul a 7 ton horsefloat and compete Reining Horses here in Oz.. I am a Member of the NRHA home base in Oklahoma...

Cheers....
Old 11-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Coal Rolling = Posing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
We build the Bushtracker Caravan, trailer to you Blokes...

You can see us in action in the Outback on Bushtracker Forum :: Index no sales there, just fun...

In my case I haul a 7 ton horsefloat and compete Reining Horses here in Oz.. I am a Member of the NRHA home base in Oklahoma...

Cheers....
Looks like a good site. Not to derail your thread, but I've always wanted to go play in the outback. I'm a little leary now that you can have a gun down there though. Here and there I'm sure, things can and sometimes do eat people.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chvyrkr81 View Post
Looks like a good site. Not to derail your thread, but I've always wanted to go play in the outback. I'm a little leary now that you can have a gun down there though. Here and there I'm sure, things can and sometimes do eat people.
Well, guns are very heavily controlled here, and you do not have much of a worry about that. You have to be a straight up Citizen to own them, Permits, Licensed, Safety courses, locked travel, locked separate ammo, guns bolt removed, man I am telling you are more likely to be killed by a lightening strike than a gun in the Bush. Almost non-existant for a worry..

Like, I mean this, about 1% of the gun problem in America... We do not have the minority stress and drug gangs and gun ownership is so strictly controlled that no unstable sorts can buy or own them....

Anyway, that is the way it is. Least of your worries in Oz... One or two die a year of snake bites, THAT is way more likely than gun violence in the Bush... City, maybe, a tiny bit of organized crime, but out Bush? ALMOST NIL...

Man it is so tuff, if you even have them, it is hard to travel interstate with all the restrictions....
Old 11-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Coal Rolling = Posing

I wasn't talkin about gettin shot, I was talkin about gettin ate. Like, last time I was back home in our Rocky Mountains, I found wolf tracks, that were followin my tracks.

People aren't the danger out in the middle of nothing, was my point.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:46 PM

I don't believe there's anything that can eat you in tbe outback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.